+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i find job in alberta even if i am an undergrad with bad credentials?

filipinoman03

Oct 28, 2015
hello! i would like to ask if i can find a job if canada (even menial) if im not well educated and have no canadian experience or lets say i have no experience overall..just cleaning our house hehe..i need to find a job to sponsor my spouse and my child..im an immigrant soon to land in canada and 22 years old..filipino here by the way..please answer! thanks!!!!

filipinoman03

Oct 28, 2015
i have no idea at all..i'm an immiigrant sponsored by my father as an accompanying dependent..i'm about to land by january..can you answer what job awaits for me? TIA!

mrbeachman

Oct 24, 2011
You like many other Asians are in for a huge wake up call once you land in Canada.

Unless you have family connections like most Asians (your father owns a business, knows people... etc) it is very unlikely anyone will give you a job.

filipinoman03

Oct 28, 2015
mrbeachman said:
You like many other Asians are in for a huge wake up call once you land in Canada.

Unless you have family connections like most Asians (your father owns a business, knows people... etc) it is very unlikely anyone will give you a job.
but why? please specify. i appreciate your reply but can you tell me why is this? even in calgary?

8Hannah8

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
mrbeachman said:

that's debatable. There are several Filipino community centres in Toronto which could help with settlement. Not sure if they would be able to find you a job, but many country-specific community centres do offer help by holding career development workshops. That could give you some skills in resume building/interviews etc.
My point is that there is probably also a Filipino community in Alberta, which could help with settlement issues

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm wondering, vaguely, how OP at 23 yrs old, is still eligible as a dependent on his father's PR application if he has a spouse & child...

8Hannah8

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Lammawitch said:
I'm wondering, vaguely, how OP at 23 yrs old, is still eligible as a dependent on his father's PR application if he has a spouse & child...
Could it be possible that at the time the application was submitted ( a year or two ago), the he was in the age of legal dependency? Seems like a new law reducing dependent age from 22 to 19 took place August 1, 2014. If the application was was asknowledged in July, when dependent was 21, then he turned 22 August 1st 2014 (for example), it would make him 23 in 2015 and it is also within a timeline for paper-based PR applications.

Assuming spouse/child situation (got married because gf was already pregnant or got married and consived a baby right away) also falls within 1 year time line the application was in process and were simply not declared at the time of landing. Which creates another potentially lost case.

Well, it is a super theoretical situation, I am curious what OP has to say

8Hannah8

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
I found another thread by the same person. So the dependent is not legally married to his gf and does not want to land. Seems like Father/Son is sharing the same account or Father just likes to ask questions on behalf of his son.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-dependent-son-doesnt-want-to-go-to-canada-but-he-already-have-his-visa-t373190.0.html

filipinoman03

Oct 28, 2015
8Hannah8 said:
Could it be possible that at the time the application was submitted ( a year or two ago), the he was in the age of legal dependency? Seems like a new law reducing dependent age from 22 to 19 took place August 1, 2014. If the application was was asknowledged in July, when dependent was 21, then he turned 22 August 1st 2014 (for example), it would make him 23 in 2015 and it is also within a timeline for paper-based PR applications.

Assuming spouse/child situation (got married because gf was already pregnant or got married and consived a baby right away) also falls within 1 year time line the application was in process and were simply not declared at the time of landing. Which creates another potentially lost case.

Well, it is a super theoretical situation, I am curious what OP has to say

you are completely right sir.

krishnalynn

May 15, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 15-04-2016
filipinoman03 said:
but why? please specify. i appreciate your reply but can you tell me why is this? even in calgary?
I'm in Calgary currently and we're facing a huge downturn in hiring, but that's more for skilled workers. I would say you could probably find a job in construction, fast food, or something similar. I would talk with your family and community in Canada and see how they got their first jobs and try to get some good advice and network. Good luck :)

filipinoman03

Oct 28, 2015
krishnalynn said:
I'm in Calgary currently and we're facing a huge downturn in hiring, but that's more for skilled workers. I would say you could probably find a job in construction, fast food, or something similar. I would talk with your family and community in Canada and see how they got their first jobs and try to get some good advice and network. Good luck :)
i really need a job to sponsor my wife and son back in the philippines. thank you for your reply! God Bless!