WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Hi Everyone!
I landed in oct2012 Toronto but didnt make Health card.My EDD is in sep2014 ,Now i cannot shift before 6 months due to personal reason,If i fly now to apply for health card n return back to Canada 3 months before my delivery ,will i b able to find a Gynaecologist???

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know how easy it is to get in with a gyno in Mississauga but here is a list: http://opencare.com/find/obstetrics-and-gynecology-mississauga-ontario You can call some and ask.

However, as it's Ontario you are moving to, you will have a 3 month wait after you arrive to get your health card. If you arrive only 3 months before the estimated delivery date and the baby is born early, you will have to pay for the delivery out of your own pocket and it can easily be several thousand $.

A cheaper option would be to go with a midwife and attempt a home delivery but if something goes wrong, you will end up in hospital anyway.

Another option would be to go to a province that has first day healthcare for newcomers (pretty much any province except ON and BC) and settle there instead but be aware that you can not just use that as a platform to get health care before moving to Mississauga because some provinces will go after you if you use their health care without staying in the province for at least 6 months so if you do this, make sure you stay for at least 6 months before moving anywhere else.

dr_rifat

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-JUNE-2011
File Transfer...
8-SEP-2011
Med's Request
12 OCT 2011
Med's Done....
25 OCT 2011
Interview........
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
What about if i make atrip now just to apply for health card n return.???

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dr_rifat said:
What about if i make atrip now just to apply for health card n return.???
You must do your waiting period AFTER you move to Canada. Applying for a health card during a visit while you are not actually living in Canada would be considered a fraud and you could be prosecuted for it.

You can read about OHIP fraud here: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/publications/ohip/card_fraud.aspx

Note:

What is OHIP fraud?

It includes :
•Someone knowingly using a health card that is not theirs
• Someone receiving OHIP services who is aware that as a non-resident of Ontario they are not eligible.
Someone who knowingly gives false information to the ministry to become or continue to be an insured person when they are aware that they are not eligible.
You can also read here about OHIP eligibility and the waiting period: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/publications/ohip/ohip_waiting_pd.aspx

Please Note:

Leaving Ontario for more than 30 days in the first six months immediately after establishing residence in Ontario will impact your OHIP coverage and affect the start date of your three-month waiting period.
It can result in a new three-month waiting period being applied as most new and returning residents to Ontario are required to be physically present in Ontario for 153 days in the first 183 days after residence is established in Ontario in order to maintain OHIP coverage.
•The requirement to be physically present in Ontario for 153 days in the first 183 days after residence is established in Ontario only applies to new or returning residents:
•Who move to Ontario from another country or
•Who move to Ontario from another province/territory where they were not covered by the health insurance of that province/territory

dr_rifat

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-JUNE-2011
File Transfer...
8-SEP-2011