+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I file an uncontested divorce self represent

Anne.hoks

Oct 24, 2019
I had walked away from an abusive relationship.
I’ve decided to get a new life, walking away with nothing is fine, bcuz I want peace, no more insane never ending confrontations
I left my ex 2 sets of signed divorced papers, and he sent me another set, and I also signed, after a year & a half, he still hasn’t filed the divorce....
I couldn’t hire a lawyer as I really walked away with nothing....I can’t afford one & don’t want one...
I’m wondering..is it possible to file a divorce, self represent (as I don’t want anything else except a certificate of divorce)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

I had walked away from an abusive relationship.
I’ve decided to get a new life, walking away with nothing is fine, bcuz I want peace, no more insane never ending confrontations
I left my ex 2 sets of signed divorced papers, and he sent me another set, and I also signed, after a year & a half, he still hasn’t filed the divorce....
I couldn’t hire a lawyer as I really walked away with nothing....I can’t afford one & don’t want one...
I’m wondering..is it possible to file a divorce, self represent (as I don’t want anything else except a certificate of divorce)
1. It can be done. Google Divorce in the Province where you are residing. You have to be meticulous and I assume you have been separated, as you state, for 1 year.

Reactions: Anne.hoks

Anne.hoks

Oct 24, 2019
Hi

1. It can be done. Google Divorce in the Province where you are residing. You have to be meticulous and I assume you have been separated, as you state, for 1 year.
Thank you for the information.
Yes, not only we have been separated for a year & a half, we were ‘separated’ years before my actual departure. We lived in separate rooms, separate floors, under the same roof, for years.
I hadn’t left bcuz my son pleaded me to stay til he entered university. And I had fulfilled my promise, I left when he’s in his 4th year in university.
My ex doesn’t want the divorce, he wanted me to stay, kept telling me : “Fxxk your happiness. Suck it up. You’re expendable.”
I just want a divorce certificate. I just want to divorce peacefully. No more insanity