+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I fail the Medical exam due to ADHD?

Strax

Aug 2, 2022
Hello,

My wife already paid the tuition to study in Canada and I'll be applying for the working permit as well. We are now scheduling our medical exams so we can apply for the Visa this month.

I have a doubt on what should I do since I have ADHD. I'm 31 and I'm using medication for the last 12 years with a follow-up from a neurologist every 6 months. It is a Mild ADHD and I use the medication to help me focus and be more efficient at work. But I read some news that some people with ADHD were rejected during the medical exams.

I already have a letter from my neurologist with all my medical history in English that I was planning to present during the exam, but now I'm afraid that I might be rejected due to a mild problem. I mean, I can leave without it, but I know that my efficiency will be lower than I'd like and possibly affect my career.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

My wife already paid the tuition to study in Canada and I'll be applying for the working permit as well. We are now scheduling our medical exams so we can apply for the Visa this month.

I have a doubt on what should I do since I have ADHD. I'm 31 and I'm using medication for the last 12 years with a follow-up from a neurologist every 6 months. It is a Mild ADHD and I use the medication to help me focus and be more efficient at work. But I read some news that some people with ADHD were rejected during the medical exams.

I already have a letter from my neurologist with all my medical history in English that I was planning to present during the exam, but now I'm afraid that I might be rejected due to a mild problem. I mean, I can leave without it, but I know that my efficiency will be lower than I'd like and possibly affect my career.
Answering your title - no.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Agree not an issue if you are able to work/study and lead a productive life. In Canada people suffering from ADHD see a psychiatrist or their GP not a neurologist to treat ADHD.