+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I extend my student visa with out a physical study permit?

melissa tran

May 20, 2022
Hello,
I have to go back to Vietnam on July 4th. My study permit status on gckey was approved on April 21st but from then I haven't recieved the physical study permit. Can I scan my old study permit for renew my study visa cause people tell me that I should extend the visa 2 monthes before I leaving Canada.
Thank you

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello,
I have to go back to Vietnam on July 4th. My study permit status on gckey was approved on April 21st but from then I haven't recieved the physical study permit. Can I scan my old study permit for renew my study visa cause people tell me that I should extend the visa 2 monthes before I leaving Canada.
Thank you
Is your TRV Valid to allow you to come back?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
No it’s already expired so I’m going to renew it but my new physical study permit its not here yet
They will need copy of your approved SP to renew your TRV. I am not sure if you can use "Approval Letter" to renew, but if you can use it, then you can use Approval Letter and ask to go to the Immigration and request to reissue SP at POE. If they reissue and you are outside, someone trusted can mail you.