+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAN I EXIT AT CALGARY WITHOUT PROCEDING FUTHER TO EDMONTON

Dec 9, 2009
I BOUGHT TICKET UPTO EDMONTON BECAUSE IT WAS COMING AT CHEAPER PRICE THE FLIGHT IS HAVING LAY OVER AT CALGARY CAN I EXIT AT CALGARY AND TAKE MY BAGGAGE

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
The airline will not short check your luggage , per the tariff on airline tickets , you buy a ticket to a destination, your bags are going there .
You haven’t suddenly discovered this . It’s called hidden ticketing . People buy a ticket to a destination, which is cheaper and get off at a midway destination, expecting the airline to only check their luggage half way. You’d have to reissue your ticket , pay any applicable penalties and fare differences
When I worked at the airport people routinely asked for this . Sure , let me just recalculate your ticket difference, penalty and you’ll be on your way. If you don’t want to pay, no problem whatsoever. You buy it, you fly it

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
The OP has not been clear if they arrive in Calgary on one of the few international flights as their initial POE into the country if so then they would of course collect their luggage to pass through immigration and customs formalities. If not their initial POE then of course the luggage would be checked through Calgary to Edmonton so no chance to break the journey or collect luggage.

Totally unethical to be a no show for a connecting flight but guess if the OP has their luggage not much airline can do as the connecting flight will likely leave without them, especially if no connection luggage to offload due to the no show.

Often talk in press by airlines that for no shows , especially in transit ones, that if they have the travellers credit card they will penalise the traveller but not heard this happening. What does often happen is when someone has a return ticket and the traveller decides to break a journey as a no show airlines are prone cancel the rest of the trip without compensation.