+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I enter pool

EhhCanada

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
I received my IELTS score online today LRWS 7.5,7,7,8 and my ECA is in process at IQAS from 2 weeks my question is can I enter the pool claiming masters without ECA number and update this info once I receive it?

Also is there any other dependency that I am missing?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
EhhCanada said:
I received my IELTS score online today LRWS 7.5,7,7,8 and my ECA is in process at IQAS from 2 weeks my question is can I enter the pool claiming masters without ECA number and update this info once I receive it?

Also is there any other dependency that I am missing?
Nope. You need IELTS TRF number (which you can get through phone too) and ECA to enter the pool. Patience my friend!

EhhCanada

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Maverick28 said:
Nope. You need IELTS TRF number (which you can get through phone too) and ECA to enter the pool. Patience my friend!
Patience is a rare commodity these days :)
I have the TRF number from the IELTS score I have received online, but ECA # I dont have it as I haven't received any report yet, so still I cant make application to enter the pool?

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
EhhCanada said:
I have the TRF number from the IELTS score I have received online, but ECA # I dont have it as I haven't received any report yet, so still I cant make application to enter the pool?
What you can do is you can create Express entry profile, Enter all the details you have for now. Enter details about your master's degree with out the ECA. You may have lower score in EE, but once you get the confirmation email for your ECA report, you will also get a copy of your report in the email. than you will have all the information you need to claim points for your masters. At that point, Update your EE profile with the ECA for your masters, so that you don't have to create your EE profile from scratch at that time.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
EhhCanada said:
What will you fill in the details of ECA number when you don't have one?

Simple as that :)

EhhCanada

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
These are valuable inputs. I really appreciate all the quick help in this forum

How close is the CRS tool score and the actual score we get when we make profile (currently I see 398 when I try tool)

28 years of age,5 years of IT experience, Masters and IELTS(LRWS 7.5,7,7,8), Spouse with Master's (ECA in process, no IELTS)

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
EhhCanada said:

How close is the CRS tool score and the actual score we get when we make profile (currently I see 398 when I try tool)

28 years of age,5 years of IT experience, Masters and IELTS(LRWS 7.5,7,7,8), Spouse with Master's (ECA in process, no IELTS)
CRS tool score counts the same as EE profile.
But sometimes when people fill out the forms in their EE profile with minor mistakes, their scores don't match. In that case, Try to find out why that has happened. You don't want to fill out EE profile with the wrong information.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
can_indian said:
What you can do is you can create Express entry profile, Enter all the details you have for now. Enter details about your master's degree with out the ECA. You may have lower score in EE, but once you get the confirmation email for your ECA report, you will also get a copy of your report in the email. than you will have all the information you need to claim points for your masters. At that point, Update your EE profile with the ECA for your masters, so that you don't have to create your EE profile from scratch at that time.
For FSW, if you create a profile without ECA, your profile will be ineligible and you would have wasted all your time in creating a profile. I have been there and done that. So learn from my experience. You can create a profile but do not submit it until you get your ECA.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
EhhCanada said:

You should try to increase your CRS by improving IELTS score. If you will have 8,7,7,7 in L,R,W,S, you will have a really good CRS (430+).