+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I enter Canada?

YaasTee123

Jan 25, 2011
I have got Canadian PR in 2007. I landed and came back to US after 1 day. I live in US.
So i only stayed in Canada for 1 day in the last 4 years and not eligble for PR extension. The current card will expire in few months.

I'm going to Canada on a 4 day business trip and i will enter Canada using US green card.

1) Is it OK if I enter Canada using US green card?
2) Will they ask me at the immigration that I'm an existing Canadian PR?
3) Do I have to declare voluntarily that I'm a Canadian PR too? Can they find out?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are a PR, you are misrepresenting yourself if you enter as anything other than a PR.

If they have your passport in their system, they may see that you are a PR and ask you about it

candy44

Jan 24, 2011
I believe u can enter Canada on US green card -- it won't be a problem -- however be honest to the immg officers when asked about ur past

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
candy44 said:
I believe u can enter Canada on US green card -- it won't be a problem -- however be honest to the immg officers when asked about ur past
Not true. Leon's advice is correct.

Also, to the original poster, you could voluntarily relinquish your PR status before you travel to Canada at a Canadian Consulate near you. You can then enter Canada with your green card.