+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i enter Canada with an expired LMO but a Multiple Visa was granted

gee_rafael

Mar 29, 2011
Hi there!

I will be working in Canada soon, my question is, can i enter canada with an expired LMO but i already have a granted visa with me (multiple). Will they ask for the copy of my LMO and Contract upon entering?

Quick response is highly appreciated ..

Thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
It is okay that the LMO is expired but you must have a valid contract and an employer. The officer at POE may contact your employer when you enter Canada.

gee_rafael said:
Hi there!

I will be working in Canada soon, my question is, can i enter canada with an expired LMO but i already have a granted visa with me (multiple). Will they ask for the copy of my LMO and Contract upon entering?

Quick response is highly appreciated ..

Thanks

gee_rafael

Mar 29, 2011
thanks a bunch for the info :)

I have a copy of my contract with me as well as the letter from the embassy which need to be presented in POE officer.. Im just a little worried as my friends and my agents whose working there says i should be in canada before my LMO expires.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
LMOs now are needed to apply for the work permit/visa. It now has a shorter duration than before 2009. You have to enter Canada though before the expiration of your visa. Bring with you the contract and the expired LMO (just in case the officer wants to see it) and get your employer's phone/contact info.

gee_rafael said:

I have a copy of my contract with me as well as the letter from the embassy which need to be presented in POE officer.. Im just a little worried as my friends and my agents whose working there says i should be in canada before my LMO expires.

smiling face

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADIAN EMBASSY MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 5, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 12, 2010
Nomination.....
September 8, 2010
AOR Received.
November 2, 2010
Med's Request
May 9, 2011
Med's Done....
May 19, 2011 and May 26, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
gee_rafael said:

GEE_RAFAEL
THAT WAS A VERY INFORMATIVE TOPIC... SINCE LMO EXPIRATION IS VALID ONLY FOR 6MONTHS.
SO PLEASE GIVE US AN UPDATE ONCE THE PORT OF ENTRY ISSUED U A WORKING PERMIT AND PLEASE DONT FRGET TO SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE... THANK YOU AND WELCOME TO CANADA :D