+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I enter Canada and leave for few months after my PR is approved

skmandava

Apr 12, 2018
Hi,

I live and work in USA. But I am a Indian Citizen. I am planning to apply for Express Entry Green Card program . If in case my PR is approved, can I enter Canada to activate my PR and give my friends address in Canada to the officer for mailing the PR card and stay in Canada for 1 week and leave back to USA to continue my job. Once my PR card reaches my friend, he can courier it to my USA address. In the mean time I will look for jobs in Canada from USA. Once he mails the PR card to me and once I get a job offer in Canada, I would like to enter Canada. Does this plan work? Do I need to tell all this plan to the Immigration officer when I am first entering Canada? What questions the officer might most likely ask? My main motto behind all this is to activate my PR card at the earliest

Thanks
Krishna

Last edited:

feritto

Nov 19, 2017
Hi,

I live and work in USA. But I am a Indian Citizen. I am planning to apply for Express Entry Green Card program . If in case my PR is approved, can I enter Canada to activate my PR and give my friends address in Canada to the officer for mailing the PR card and stay in Canada for 1 week and leave back to USA to continue my job. Once my PR card reaches my friend, he can courier it to my USA address. In the mean time I will look for jobs in Canada from USA. Once he mails the PR card to me and once I get a job offer in Canada, I would like to enter Canada. Does this plan work? Do I need to tell all this plan to the Immigration officer when I am first entering Canada? What questions the officer might most likely ask? My main motto behind all this is to activate my PR card at the earliest

Thanks
Krishna
You can leave Canada, no problem and you don't have to tell this plan to anyone. Just keep in mind that you need to stay at least 2 years within 5 years to keep your PR right.