+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i drop my consultant

ADteam

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One_topsy and rohanBisht your consultant sounds the same as me. When they told me the moment that they won't give me my login ID to my profile. I withdrew from their services. As it's your profile and your info, you must have access to it when you wish.

Immed

Jan 16, 2015
If you have a consultant to represent you they cannot give you the GCkey. This is an issue with the CIC system.

Consultants have a special account for representatives that allows them to have multiple client accounts within their profile. I don't know if the CIC has a system in place that allows consultants to transfer your profile over. Obviously, a consultant can't give you their personal login info for you to check your profile since you could see their other clients as well. This is an issue with the CIC, they should allow representatives to create sub-accounts for clients so they can see their own information. If you really mistrust your consultant, then tell him to pull up your profile on the screen so you can see for yourself.

Also, as most of you know, every time you update the profile, it takes awhile for the points to adjust.

The only reason I would see in hiring a consultant for EE is if their fee includes the PR application afterwards. It is important for the consultant to know what information is put into the EE profile to make sure it is legitimate and you case won't be thrown out later due to a client error in the profile.

Full disclosure: I work with immigration consultants and intend to pursue it as a career.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
^ Well, if that's true, I am so glad my consultant did not know about this special GCKey for consultants! They created my profile but they gave me complete access to my personal GCKey, and even when there is an email notification, they don't access my profile, they inform me that I should check.

If they can help me some time in the future, great, but for now, they are useless. I learn about the latest PNPs well before they do.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

nat29

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
To my best knowledge, if you work with consultant/immigration lawyer, you have only access to ECAS and no access to MyCIC. The reason is that legal representatives work through their portal with your application, to whom legally only they have access, eg that even their assistants can't gain access to your information.
As for dropping your consultant, read your contract, the conditions are all there.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
bellaluna said:
^ Well, if that's true, I am so glad my consultant did not know about this special GCKey for consultants! They created my profile but they gave me complete access to my personal GCKey, and even when there is an email notification, they don't access my profile, they inform me that I should check.

If they can help me some time in the future, great, but for now, they are useless. I learn about the latest PNPs well before they do.
Exactly! I find out about all the new opportunities and PNPs before the consultant.