+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I do post graduate certificate if I already have Masters? Let's see

pessipenaldo

Nov 2, 2021
YES!! This post is for people who already have a Masters degree but confused about what program they should opt. Hopefully it would help someone.

There is a lot of misconception about whether we will get study visa if we already have Masters. I have Masters in economics and have got admission in post grad certificate. My friend who has an MBA also got admission in post grad certificate. I have also seen a lot of people who already have Masters going for another Masters, and the visa gets rejected.(they also get approved). One factor which I feel you should take care of is "Progression of study". Choose a certificate program such that it was NOT taught extensively during your Masters.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
YES!! This post is for people who already have a Masters degree but confused about what program they should opt. Hopefully it would help someone.

There is a lot of misconception about whether we will get study visa if we already have Masters. I have Masters in economics and have got admission in post grad certificate. My friend who has an MBA also got admission in post grad certificate. I have also seen a lot of people who already have Masters going for another Masters, and the visa gets rejected.(they also get approved). One factor which I feel you should take care of is "Progression of study". Choose a certificate program such that it was NOT taught extensively during your Masters.
No one said you couldn't, it's just harder.

There are way more rejections than approvals for such applications. As you rightly pointed out though, the most crucial aspect is how you justify your academic and professional progression through your intended program of study.

Reactions: scylla