+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I do my work permit modification on the Ca/Us borders or this is cancelled?

Mounira27

Nov 16, 2019
Hi Everyone,
I have a PGWP that I got last August, but I want to work in a pharmacy as an assistant so I was told that I need to do a medical check up then ask for a work permit modification. I am already done with the check up.
My question is can I do this work permit modification on the Ca/US borders in one day as before or this is no longer available? As I heard from a friend that immigration Canada won't accept work permit applications on the border anymore!! Please confirm me the correct information and thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Everyone,
I have a PGWP that I got last August, but I want to work in a pharmacy as an assistant so I was told that I need to do a medical check up then ask for a work permit modification. I am already done with the check up.
My question is can I do this work permit modification on the Ca/US borders in one day as before or this is no longer available? As I heard from a friend that immigration Canada won't accept work permit applications on the border anymore!! Please confirm me the correct information and thank you!
Sometimes they do it, sometimes they don't.

siham44

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
@canuck_in_uk
Please i need ur help, here is my situation i have applied for inland sponsorship with owp with old passport, then sent to them new passeport info ( they confirmed receipt of new passport ), today they sent me an email that my opw was approved until the expiry date of old passport ( april 2020) and my actual work permit ( pgwp that i have now expires in July 2020 ) i dont know what to do now and which one should i use !! PLEASE HELP

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
@canuck_in_uk
Please i need ur help, here is my situation i have applied for inland sponsorship with owp with old passport, then sent to them new passeport info ( they confirmed receipt of new passport ), today they sent me an email that my opw was approved until the expiry date of old passport ( april 2020) and my actual work permit ( pgwp that i have now expires in July 2020 ) i dont know what to do now and which one should i use !! PLEASE HELP
I don't know what you mean about which one to use.

Send a Webform with a copy of your new passport and the confirmation that they received it and ask if the OWP can be re-issued with the correct expiry.

siham44

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
I don't know what you mean about which one to use.

Send a Webform with a copy of your new passport and the confirmation that they received it and ask if the OWP can be re-issued with the correct expiry.
I mean i already have a pgwp that expores on julh 2020 and they gave me an owp that will expire april 2020 ( expiry date of my old passport) which one shoumd i use now?
So i dont need to submit a new application just send copy of new passport? They have already sent me the new owp ( april 2020)

Thank u so much !!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I mean i already have a pgwp that expores on julh 2020 and they gave me an owp that will expire april 2020 ( expiry date of my old passport) which one shoumd i use now?
So i dont need to submit a new application just send copy of new passport? They have already sent me the new owp ( april 2020)

Thank u so much !!
You have an OWP valid until April. The PGWP is no longer valid.

I said you can ask. They may or may not re-issue the OWP with a new expiry. If not, you will need to apply for an extension.

siham44

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
Ah ok. If i need to apply for the extension. Can i do it online or its only paper. thank u for ur reply !

Mounira27

Nov 16, 2019
Hi Everyone,
Is anyone here sure about the answer, please? Do they still offer PGWP amendments on the borders or not??

siham44

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
Thanks for the reply. Last question please. I have the right to apply for an extension now online? Even if i had a pgwp before and then i applied for owpand should i notify my company abt the new workt permit ? Thank u so much for ur help u are amazing !

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Is anyone here sure about the answer, please? Do they still offer PGWP amendments on the borders or not??
As I already said, sometime they do it, sometimes they don't. There is no set answer. It depends on the officer at the border.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the reply. Last question please. I have the right to apply for an extension now online? Even if i had a pgwp before and then i applied for owpand should i notify my company abt the new workt permit ? Thank u so much for ur help u are amazing !
Don't apply for the extension. Ask for the permit to be re-issued first. If they refuse, then apply.

No, you don't need to tell your employer anything.

siham44

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
Don't apply for the extension. Ask for the permit to be re-issued first. If they refuse, then apply.

No, you don't need to tell your employer anything.
Ok i thank you !I have sent an email on the webform and waiting for the response.. the reason why i am asking if i need to notify my employer its because in my PGWP the expiry date is july 2020 and in my OWP is April 2020..Thanks a lot

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ok i thank you !I have sent an email on the webform and waiting for the response.. the reason why i am asking if i need to notify my employer its because in my PGWP the expiry date is july 2020 and in my OWP is April 2020..Thanks a lot
You don't need to notify your employer. If IRCC will not reissue the permit, you just apply for another one.