+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I do my work permit modification on the Ca/Us borders or this is cancelled?

siham44

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
You don't need to notify your employer. If IRCC will not reissue the permit, you just apply for another one.[/QUOTE
@canuck_in_uk hello ! Good day! So basically they just replied without reading the msg i sent to them i guess. They just responded with copying and pasting on how to apply for owp with an inland app thats it. They didn't bother replying with any other informations.
So i think now i will go and apply for an extension for my owp right ? And its online correct ( even if its owp with inland app)
Thank you so much !

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello ! Good day! So basically they just replied without reading the msg i sent to them i guess. They just responded with copying and pasting on how to apply for owp with an inland app thats it. They didn't bother replying with any other informations.
So i think now i will go and apply for an extension for my owp right ? And its online correct ( even if its owp with inland app)
Thank you so much !
I would send another Webform and explain the situation again. You have plenty of time to apply for an extension if needed, so you may as well try again.

siham44

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
I would send another Webform and explain the situation again. You have plenty of time to apply for an extension if needed, so you may as well try again.
You are right, i will try again.Thank you so much for your reply ! In case i need to apply for an extension i need to do it online even if its under inland sponsorship ? Thanks

siham44

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
Hello @canuck_in_uk , i hope you are doing well. About my case, i have sent another message to them and they said that they have forwarded it to the right department ( i asked them to issue you me a new work permit because i have sent the new passeport and they didnt take it in consideration ), for now i received the owp permit that will expire in april 2020 and my pgwp that will expire in july 2020, and my employer only has the old one ( July 2020) i am afraid if that can affect me..like i am working with a non valid work permit, should i notify my employer now or wait for a response from CIC regarding my work permit. And should i renew my sin as well or it doesnt matter. THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello @canuck_in_uk , i hope you are doing well. About my case, i have sent another message to them and they said that they have forwarded it to the right department ( i asked them to issue you me a new work permit because i have sent the new passeport and they didnt take it in consideration ), for now i received the owp permit that will expire in april 2020 and my pgwp that will expire in july 2020, and my employer only has the old one ( July 2020) i am afraid if that can affect me..like i am working with a non valid work permit, should i notify my employer now or wait for a response from CIC regarding my work permit. And should i renew my sin as well or it doesnt matter. THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!
As I've already said, you don't need to notify your employer. Don't do anything with your SIN.

Reactions: siham44

siham44

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
Thank u for ur response. I will just wait for the response from them. In worst case scenario they will just ask me to apply for an extension. One more time thanks again !!!

siham44

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
@canuck_in_uk hi ! How are u ? I have a question please I still didnt get any response from them to reissue a new work permit and my current one that they gave me will expire April 30, should I wait or reapply now ? Not sure If the deadline to reapply is 30 or 90 days before the expiry ? Thanks a lot !!!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
@canuck_in_uk hi ! How are u ? I have a question please I still didnt get any response from them to reissue a new work permit and my current one that they gave me will expire April 30, should I wait or reapply now ? Not sure If the deadline to reapply is 30 or 90 days before the expiry ? Thanks a lot !!!!
There is no 30 or 60 day deadline. You can apply up until the work permit actually expires.

siham44

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
@canuck_in_uk thank u for your response. i was confused because i just found in their website they have put ( If you have a work permit that’s about to expire or you need to make changes to it, you need to apply to extend it or change the conditions on it. You need to apply at least 30 days before your current work permit expires.). is it for something else ? Thank you

Because i already applied with my inland app for the owp and they gave me owp until a april ( linked to old passport even if i sent the new one as well after ) i sent them via webform the new passport again but they still reviewing it. so now if i apply again it will be an extension correct so it needs to be 30 days or no ? Thanks a lot !!!!

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
@canuck_in_uk thank u for your response. i was confused because i just found in their website they have put ( If you have a work permit that’s about to expire or you need to make changes to it, you need to apply to extend it or change the conditions on it. You need to apply at least 30 days before your current work permit expires.). is it for something else ? Thank you

Because i already applied with my inland app for the owp and they gave me owp until a april ( linked to old passport even if i sent the new one as well after ) i sent them via webform the new passport again but they still reviewing it. so now if i apply again it will be an extension correct so it needs to be 30 days or no ? Thanks a lot !!!!
The 30 days is a recommendation. As I said, you can apply up until your current status expiry.

Reactions: siham44
Jan 23, 2020
Hi guys ,I applied for work visa of canada from india on 24th dec2019 ,biometric done on 3rd jan 2020.yesterday I got mail from cic that my IELTS trf is fake and I have 30 days to statitify them . What should I do ??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys ,I applied for work visa of canada from india on 24th dec2019 ,biometric done on 3rd jan 2020.yesterday I got mail from cic that my IELTS trf is fake and I have 30 days to statitify them . What should I do ??
Are your IELTS results fake?