+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i do masters after doing a 2 year diploma in a canadian college..??

gouthams

Nov 2, 2011
I have got admission card from humber college, toronto, canada. Its a Electro-Mechanical Technician Diploma program on Robotics and Automation.

Course duration : 2 years
Cost for 2 years : around 13lakh

My profile :
10th : 68%
12th : 74%
UG : 6.8 (CGPA points)
Backlogs : 6 backlogs and attempts 6
IELTS : Overall 6.5 (L-7.5,R-5.5,W-6,S-6.5)

I am B.E degree holder, i finished my degree within the course time of 4 years. I actually wanted to do masters in canada. But consultancies here in Coimbatore,India told me that with this profile its not possible for me to get into a masters program. So, I applied for a PG Diploma course in Humber college, this diploma program has co-op program integrated with it too. My choice is to do masters in Robotics and Automation field or Mechactronics and get a decent there and work for atleast 4 to 5 years and again some work experience and come back to india to start up my own company.

But, is it a right option to take this diploma program and study for 2 years get a decent job there in toronto and stay there for another one year and apply for PR. Then, do a part-time Masters in some good university like Waterloo (Because mcmaster and waterloo are the two only universities that offers mechactonics as a master level program)

People, i need your suggestion about my point of view or my ideology.. Or its most appreciated that you come up with some better plans that will benefit me more.

Please feel free to come up with ur replies. Thank you. :)

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Its a bit difficult for me to understand your scenerio but I will try to help you

For your profile, it is hard to determine. The best way is for you to have your credentials accessed by World Education Service. 68% in one country does not necessarily mean it would be interpreted as 68% in Canada, it may be interpreted as higher (e.g. 80%) or lower (e.g. 60%). Also, it seems to me that your IELTS score is low. You should look closely at IELTS requirements in specific colleges (as there are variations) especially as it relates to your reading and writing score. If your qualification is deemed to be good enough for masters application (after its been assessed), you will need to retake the IELTS as I dont think there is any university in Ontario that will accept an IELTS score less than 6 in any category.

Good luck with your journey.

thuglife

Jun 20, 2018
I have got admission card from humber college, toronto, canada. Its a Electro-Mechanical Technician Diploma program on Robotics and Automation.

Course duration : 2 years
Cost for 2 years : around 13lakh

My profile :
10th : 68%
12th : 74%
UG : 6.8 (CGPA points)
Backlogs : 6 backlogs and attempts 6
IELTS : Overall 6.5 (L-7.5,R-5.5,W-6,S-6.5)

I am B.E degree holder, i finished my degree within the course time of 4 years. I actually wanted to do masters in canada. But consultancies here in Coimbatore,India told me that with this profile its not possible for me to get into a masters program. So, I applied for a PG Diploma course in Humber college, this diploma program has co-op program integrated with it too. My choice is to do masters in Robotics and Automation field or Mechactronics and get a decent there and work for atleast 4 to 5 years and again some work experience and come back to india to start up my own company.

But, is it a right option to take this diploma program and study for 2 years get a decent job there in toronto and stay there for another one year and apply for PR. Then, do a part-time Masters in some good university like Waterloo (Because mcmaster and waterloo are the two only universities that offers mechactonics as a master level program)

People, i need your suggestion about my point of view or my ideology.. Or its most appreciated that you come up with some better plans that will benefit me more.

Please feel free to come up with ur replies. Thank you. :)
Hey man finally what did you do??