+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I do Landing by walking into the Canadian border (Through Rainbow bridge)

New_applicant

Nov 10, 2009
Hi,

I have an appointment with the Canadian Consulate in Bufflo, NY to get my passport stamped with the Canadian visa for landing(will also get the forms for landing, etc).

I just wanted to ask if anyone knows or had an experience of doing the landing by walking into the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. I cannot drive yet:)

I am thinking of going through Rainbow bridge.

what is the experience like and what questions do they ask? Will it cause me any problems on the Canadian side as I won't have much to bring into Canada with mw other than my luggage to stay at the beautiful Canadian side of Niagara falls for a couple of days I am also planning to come back to the US after landing, what am I expected to show as proof if I am an F1 student here?

Thank you.

prcanada

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
I guess, u can do your landing, provided you go through the canadian immigration. There is no rule as such, which says you cant do by walk.

By the way, can you please share your timelines..

New_applicant

Nov 10, 2009
I think I would want to spend Christmas in Niagara falls (23-12-2009~27-12-2009).

What are the tips I should follow in this case and what questions can I expect on both US and Canadian sides?

Thank you.

juanda78

Star Member
Feb 17, 2009
Canada
We did our landing this way... it was very fast and easy... I read this post before doing it... It is pretty straight forward... good luck

Regards.

New_applicant

Nov 10, 2009
I haver noticed this in the mentioned thread:

" After I arrived at the US side, explaining to the US visa officer about Canada immigration landing. Wait for a couple of minutes, and get a letter of refusual of admission to USA since I do not have the US visa. With the letter, my passport, and the landing paper, I went back to the Canadian side through the Rainbow Bridge"

if I have an F-1 Visa in the US (haven't finished my degree yet), will they cancel my Visa\refuse re-entry to the US after I do my landing in Canada?.

My guess is no as they should not be related but just to confirm and see if others with same situation had a bad experience.