4th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
5th Feb 2015 and sent on 12th Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived, RPRF paid upfront on 12th May 2015
Passport Req..
27th Nov 2015
Hello All,

I need your help with this, i just got my PR visa stamped, but the validity is just 1 month. I have a lot of things to handle before i can actually move permanently. Hence, i have decided to land and finish all formalities and have the PR card mailed to a friend of mine who can courier it to me later.
Can someone tell me if this is possible and do i have to inform the immigration officer about this when i land.
Also, if i am not carrying a lot of funds (as i am not staying for long) will that be an issue. I will have a return ticket confirmed as well.
Please advice as i am planning on landing soon.

ushiee88

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rogerspr said:
Hello All,

I need your help with this, i just got my PR visa stamped, but the validity is just 1 month. I have a lot of things to handle before i can actually move permanently. Hence, i have decided to land and finish all formalities and have the PR card mailed to a friend of mine who can courier it to me later.
Can someone tell me if this is possible and do i have to inform the immigration officer about this when i land.
Also, if i am not carrying a lot of funds (as i am not staying for long) will that be an issue. I will have a return ticket confirmed as well.
Please advice as i am planning on landing soon.
Not always but immigration can ask for u to come inperson to pick up ur pr card. In that case u would be in trouble. So advise would be to apply for pr card and stay till u get it. Or if u have to leave then u can apply for a travel document from ur home country to re enter canada. Its a document u need for when uve become a citizen but u urgently need to leave canada before ur pr card comes in mail. U can also request urgent processing of pr card but doubt thay will be effective.