+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I do anything for my H and C case?

VanHua

Nov 7, 2018
My common law partner who I had dated for four years and we lived together for 3 years canceled my application on July 2018 (4 months before the application processing time reachs 2 years). There for my lawyer had to moved my case to Humanitarian and compassionate instead. I was hoping CIC would keep processing it as a spouse-sponsorship document but they switched and sent my case to another processing center in Vancouver. I have to wait for another 3 years (because the time got reset) that will be 5 years of waiting for an answer from CIC. I am also out of status to be able to study or work in Canada (long story). I am curios if there is anyway I can speed up the document processing time by contacting CIC?

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My common law partner who I had dated for four years and we lived together for 3 years canceled my application on July 2018 (4 months before the application processing time reachs 2 years). There for my lawyer had to moved my case to Humanitarian and compassionate instead. I was hoping CIC would keep processing it as a spouse-sponsorship document but they switched and sent my case to another processing center in Vancouver. I have to wait for another 3 years (because the time got reset) that will be 5 years of waiting for an answer from CIC. I am also out of status to be able to study or work in Canada (long story). I am curios if there is anyway I can speed up the document processing time by contacting CIC?

Thank you
No - you cannot speed up processing by contacting IRCC.

You are not entitled to keep processing the application as a spousal application since you are no longer in a relationship with that person and they have withdrawn their sponsorship of that application.