+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i do a full time training as an international student?

Kushal148

Mar 18, 2019
Hello, I got a call from an employer for a job interview and they asked me are you available for full three weeks training? I have my college in weekends so I said yes.. The problem here is its paid training and as i am an international student I am allowed to work only part time i.e not more than 20 hours. The job is available for part time but the training is full time.. So is it ok if i do the full time training?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I got a call from an employer for a job interview and they asked me are you available for full three weeks training? I have my college in weekends so I said yes.. The problem here is its paid training and as i am an international student I am allowed to work only part time i.e not more than 20 hours. The job is available for part time but the training is full time.. So is it ok if i do the full time training?
No - it's not OK. The training is classified as work since you are being paid. You can do a maximum of 20 hours per week.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Agree with above. If you do this, you will be working illegally.

Reactions: Kushal148

mcboo1314

Mar 12, 2022
Can I do 10 days training, a 8 hours per day?but it is equivalent for 4 weeks. Because the company need to train the part time student so that they will be eligible to work for them. I know that international student only allowed to work 20 hours per week. Do you consider them to have the training first? The employer will only give me 20 hours per week once they hire me.

Last edited: