+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I create two profiles on CIC

capped.ra

Dec 14, 2017
Hi,

I already have a profile on CIC and got ITA recently. But i am not sure I can accept the invitation because I may not complete 2 years in Canada(points added to my CRS score for 2 years experience).

Can I not-decline my current ITA and at the same time create a fresh profile so that I may be eligible for next invitation with 1 year experience.

Regards,
Raj

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I already have a profile on CIC and got ITA recently. But i am not sure I can accept the invitation because I may not complete 2 years in Canada(points added to my CRS score for 2 years experience).

Can I not-decline my current ITA and at the same time create a fresh profile so that I may be eligible for next invitation with 1 year experience.

Regards,
Raj
If you are reaching cutoff points by not counting the 2nd year experience you can the submit the application with current ITA.
Explain that you dont want to claim for 2nd year and met minimum cutoff score with 1 year exp in LOE while submitting profile.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,

a) There is no need to decline, if you are eligible with one year of experience within you current draw. You can provide an LOE, the VO will deduct the points for the 2nd year, and as long as your score is still above the lowest score for your draw, you remain eligible.

a) If you will complete the 2nd year very soon (e.g. next month), you can simply wait to submit your eAPR until after you complete the 2nd year, and you will keep the CRS points for the 2nd year.

Linhcan

Nov 2, 2017
a) There is no need to decline, if you are eligible with one year of experience within you current draw. You can provide an LOE, the VO will deduct the points for the 2nd year, and as long as your score is still above the lowest score for your draw, you remain eligible.

a) If you will complete the 2nd year very soon (e.g. next month), you can simply wait to submit your eAPR until after you complete the 2nd year, and you will keep the CRS points for the 2nd year.
Hi,
I have a question regarding the working experience, you said we can wait till next month (in your example) to be eligible for 2 years exp. Does it mean the 2 years Canadian exp will be counted till the time we submit our application? or just till the time we got iTA (or the time we create our EE profile)?

capped.ra

Dec 14, 2017

(a) The current draw picked me because I had 456 points. They calculated my 2 years of experience. I will complete my 2 years in january 3rd 2018. My profile got picked on 6th December 2017, for some reason they awarded me points for 2 years experience.
Problem is I will leave Canada 2nd January 2018. So I am not sure whether 3rd jan 2016 to 2nd Jan 2018 will be counted as 2 years.

(b) Problem is I will leave Canada 2nd January 2018. So I am not sure whether 3rd jan 2016 to 2nd Jan 2018 will be counted as 2 years.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
(b) Problem is I will leave Canada 2nd January 2018. So I am not sure whether 3rd jan 2016 to 2nd Jan 2018 will be counted as 2 years.
That is exactly 2 years. If you started working the day you hit the ground, and your last day is the 2nd of Jan, then yes, you have worked 2 years. You should be OK if you are short 1-2 days, but not if you are short 1-2 weeks.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
The above is not trie.
1. Since your actual CRS is below the cutoff threshold, you will have to decline the ITA and go back to the pool. If you decide to submit the application, your CRS will be recalculated and your application will be rejected even if you submit after you complete the 2 years because you didn't meet the cutoff threshold at the time of ITA.
This is not correct. Rules are different for the MEC (minimum entry criteria) and for the CRS score. You MUST meet the MEC at the time of the ITA. But as long as your CRS score is above the threshold at the time the eAPR is submitted, the score is accepted.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html
  • If the applicant’s CRS score at the time of the e-APR is equal to or higher than the lowest-ranked score in the round of invitations, the application will not be refused under section A11.2, as long as the applicant’s supporting documentation corroborates their claims and they continue to meet the MEC for Express Entry, including the requirements of the program to which they were invited to apply.
The MEC for CEC class is at least 1 year of skilled work experience. Having 2 years is not required; it only affects the CRS score. So if you get an ITA based on points for a 2nd year, and you need another month to complete that 2nd year, you can wait to submit your eAPR.

Reactions: DelPiero07