+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I Come back within a month ?

sagara

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Dear All,

I expect to land in toronto in or around october ( i received PR Visa) and return back with my family after 4 weeks( and go back again with 3-4 months)
During that time i will open an account and do the nessary things. I wont be able to stay more than 30 days since my wife can only stay 30 days.
If the PR card does not receive by that time will it be a problem when i visit again in 3-4 months time. Or should i arrange someone to collect it and send it to me Is it Okay?

Regards
Sagara

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Get the PR card and then come. No use creating unnecessary problems after such a long process.
It is illegal to send the PR card via mail/courier or with someone else.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
nicholas30 said:
Did u say Illegal Devihimselff????
Yes, its illegal to send PR card via mail or with someone else (as per my knowledge, from these forums).

I am not sure, but, read it somewhere, that, sometimes you are asked to collect it in person as well??? but not sure...

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
Hello All,

I am not an expert in this matter, but I was told by my agent in Canada and experts from this forum that someone can cooolect the cards and send it to me by mail/hand deliver to us if we do not get it n the time we are in Canada.

I am also in same boat as I am planning to stay for 3 weeks and then come back.
Request all the guys who have knowledge of this please contribute.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Hmm an old post of Qorax :) Posted with full credits to Mr.Qorax :)

There's nothing 'illegal' about it. But CIC doesn't 'approve' sending our PR cards overseas via mail/courier. They will not themselves, to any other address, other than one in Canada.

However, it is done all the time. Friends/relatives collect it and mail it abroad.

But, but, but REMEMBER... if it is 'lost in transit', u'll have 'no recourse' to recover it and/or ask for its replacement from CIC on that ground. Thus, there's a 'risk' involved. Yet, as I said, it is done all the time. So, it is your call, buddy !

Qorax.

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
sagara said:
Dear All,

I expect to land in toronto in or around october ( i received PR Visa) and return back with my family after 4 weeks( and go back again with 3-4 months)
During that time i will open an account and do the nessary things. I wont be able to stay more than 30 days since my wife can only stay 30 days.
If the PR card does not receive by that time will it be a problem when i visit again in 3-4 months time. Or should i arrange someone to collect it and send it to me Is it Okay?

Regards
Sagara
@sagara
I'm quoting a Leon's post for your reference.

Leon said:
Nobody will stop you from leaving but you might have problems coming back.

If you are visa exempt, you can come back to Canada without a PR card if you have your landing papers. If you are not visa exempt, you will need to get a PR travel document at the Canadian embassy where you are staying. Getting a PR travel document can sometimes take a couple of weeks so if you need one, ask the embassy about their processing times before you book your flight.
Leon said:
Here you can see which nations are visa exempt: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp#exemptions

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
So my friend in the End the moral of the story is, to avoid unnecessary problems Get your PR card and then move :)

sagara

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Dear All,

Thanks for the response and i think it is better to avoid problems. I will stay and come later on Other Family members will send back after one month .That would be fine i think

Thanks everybody
Sagara

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
sagara said:
Dear All,

Thanks for the response and i think it is better to avoid problems. I will stay and come later on Other Family members will send back after one month .That would be fine i think

Thanks everybody
Sagara
Now a days normal time for receiving PR card is 6-8 weeks. If there is no such urgency then one should avoid coming back early without receiving PR card.