+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I claim points for combined work experience i.e 2 different NOCs but not continuous and also the secondary NOC was for only 8 months

Rajdeep37

Dec 10, 2018
Hi friends, I need a little help from you. I have 8 months work experience as warehouse manager and another 1year 4 months experience as a store manager. This was not continuous as there was a gap of 6 months between these work experiences. I just want to know that can I add these 2 occupations as 2years(1year 4months + 8months) of combined experience in my Express entry profile as primary and secondary noc respectively and claim the points of 2years? I doubt that I can because there was gap between these work experiences. If I can't then I will loose points and can claim points only for 1year of experience. Kindly help me out mates. Please

jaganv117

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
They don't care about Gap. So in my scenario, I had 2 years of work experience (NOC 1) followed by a gap of 7 years and I worked for 1 year in NOC 2, it was taken and counted as three years

jaganv117

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
As long as you have 1 years experience in one primary NOC, the others are added on. So, it shouldn't be a problem.
Also if you are applying for FSW, I dont think there is any points difference between 1 and 2 years.

When you create the profile, enter the exact details and it will calculate your right CRS score. I was worried about the Gap and multiple NOCs but it really doesn't matter.