+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I claim points for combined work experience i.e 2 different NOCs but not continuous and also the secondary NOC was for only 8 months

Rajdeep37

Dec 10, 2018
Hi friends, I need a little help from you. I have 8 months work experience as warehouse manager and another 1year 4 months experience as a store manager. This was not continuous as there was a gap of 6 months between these work experiences. I just want to know that can I add these 2 occupations as 2years(1year 4months + 8months) of combined experience in my Express entry profile as primary and secondary noc respectively and claim the points of 2years? I doubt that I can because there was gap between these work experiences. If I can't then I will loose points and can claim points only for 1year of experience. Kindly help me out mates. Please

jaganv117

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
They don't care about Gap. So in my scenario, I had 2 years of work experience (NOC 1) followed by a gap of 7 years and I worked for 1 year in NOC 2, it was taken and counted as three years

jaganv117

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
As long as you have 1 years experience in one primary NOC, the others are added on. So, it shouldn't be a problem.
Also if you are applying for FSW, I dont think there is any points difference between 1 and 2 years.

When you create the profile, enter the exact details and it will calculate your right CRS score. I was worried about the Gap and multiple NOCs but it really doesn't matter.

Basim12

Oct 27, 2022
I have worked 6 months and 7 months in two jobs with the same NOC tires, Can I add this experience to express entry as 1 year of foreign experience

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have worked 6 months and 7 months in two jobs with the same NOC tires, Can I add this experience to express entry as 1 year of foreign experience
I'm not sure what you mean by "NOC tires". Was the work experience continuous, meaning without breaks?

Basim12

Oct 27, 2022
I'm not sure what you mean by "NOC tires". Was the work experience continuous, meaning without breaks?
Thank you for your reply. No the work was not continuous. There was a break in between. I worked in an NOC B-level job for 6 months in one designation and after a break, I worked for 7 months in a different job designation but it was under NOC B level. Hence, can I keep one year of foreign experience while applying for Express entry?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your reply. No the work was not continuous. There was a break in between. I worked in an NOC B-level job for 6 months in one designation and after a break, I worked for 7 months in a different job designation but it was under NOC B level. Hence, can I keep one year of foreign experience while applying for Express entry?
No. You cannot. The work needs to be continuous.

Basim12

Oct 27, 2022
No. You cannot. The work needs to be continuous.
Thank you for the reply Scylla. Now I have put my file in EE with 1 year of Canadian experience. However, if I don't provide my foreign work history in the past 10 years. Wouldn't that be a problem? I have mentioned my foreign experience where I worked 6 months in a job and 7 months in another designation in a different company in my study permit application when I landed as an International student in Canada. If I don't mention my previous experience in the EE profile if they look into my study permit application won't they see a mismatch? Hence, should I mention the previous experience in my EE pool or should I just go with the 1 year experience in the EE pool and later showcase previous experience while filling ITA