+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I claim additional points in EE in this scenario (currently in closed WP)

Narayanan

Nov 25, 2019
Hello All,

Have a query can someone please answer, can we claim additional (50) points in the below scenario:

Currently working with a Canadian employer in Canada on a closed work permit (valid till 2024 LMIA exempt) in “A” role (completed 1.6 years in this “A” role as well) now I received a new job offer with this same employer for a “B” position/role. Clear job description and salary etc are indicated in the new offer letter.

Can we claim additional 50 points For this new job offer? Also these changes are well communicated to IRCC, also it was confirmed that it meets eligibility criteria(Via a letter).

at this stage in my express entry can Claim. 50 additional points? Or not

Thank you

dennajort

Star Member
Jul 20, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
24-08-2022
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Passport Req..
29-12-2022
Hello All,

Have a query can someone please answer, can we claim additional (50) points in the below scenario:

Currently working with a Canadian employer in Canada on a closed work permit (valid till 2024 LMIA exempt) in “A” role (completed 1.6 years in this “A” role as well) now I received a new job offer with this same employer for a “B” position/role. Clear job description and salary etc are indicated in the new offer letter.

Can we claim additional 50 points For this new job offer? Also these changes are well communicated to IRCC, also it was confirmed that it meets eligibility criteria(Via a letter).

at this stage in my express entry can Claim. 50 additional points? Or not

Thank you
Hi !
I think you can claim these 50 points. According to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html as long as the job offer is from the same employer and valid for 1 year after you have your PR.

I'm currently in a similar situation, AOR August, still waiting for my PR to be done.

Narayanan

Nov 25, 2019
Hi !
I think you can claim these 50 points. According to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html as long as the job offer is from the same employer and valid for 1 year after you have your PR.

I'm currently in a similar situation, AOR August, still waiting for my PR to be done.
Thank you for your response
Hi !

@dennajort: Thank you and all the best for your PR approvals further.

yes the job offer is from the same employer and in validity no mention on the offer letter is that something to be checked with the company? Or this needs to given in writing in a company letter or something?
How to get this can I explain the same in a letter of explanation as i know it will be valid for 1 year!

dennajort

Star Member
Jul 20, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
24-08-2022
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Passport Req..
29-12-2022
yes the job offer is from the same employer and in validity no mention on the offer letter is that something to be checked with the company? Or this needs to given in writing in a company letter or something?
How to get this can I explain the same in a letter of explanation as i know it will be valid for 1 year!
I'm not sure of the format, to be honest I have an attorney managing it with my company, I didn't even see the job offer itself