+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I change the eye color on Biodata?

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
Hello everybody.

I found my eyeth' color ith more brown than black.... :eek: But on IMM0008 form, I filled in black... Can I change the color on Biodata form later? I am worried this could cause a problem/confuthe for CIC... :-\

whymeee

Apr 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hate to bring up an almost 2 month old topic, but I'm also curious :)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
whymeee said:
Hate to bring up an almost 2 month old topic, but I'm also curious :)
Tried calling CIC, but got different responses. One agent said "yes", the other one "no. ??? ???

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your passport lists your eye color, use that eye color for consistency. If it's different from what you initially included in your application, send an e-mail or case specific enquiry to the visa office handling your application explaining the situation.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
OhCanadiana said:
If your passport lists your eye color, use that eye color for consistency. If it's different from what you initially included in your application, send an e-mail or case specific enquiry to the visa office handling your application explaining the situation.
That's what I figured. As usually your eyecolour doesn't change. LOL.
My eyes are brown-green and for my forms I put green as the combination doesn't exist.

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Funny I see this now.
Even I had this dilemma... I felt myself as having dark brown eyes.... But my doctors beg to differ... So I went with them...Black... :)

kjabbar

Star Member
Jun 26, 2016
Funny I see this now.
Even I had this dilemma... I felt myself as having dark brown eyes.... But my doctors beg to differ... So I went with them...Black... :)
Hi.. I have the same issue..
In my application, I have mentioned eye colour as black.. Last week, once I got PPR along with bio page, I have filled the same & submit it along with passport.. Now am waiting for approval & COPR.

My wife just noticed last day that my eye colour changed to brown or short of 'dark brown'. I have google it and came to know that Eye color can change with the passage of time. Yes possibly it's rare...

Did you face any issue while landing...

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Hi.. I have the same issue..
In my application, I have mentioned eye colour as black.. Last week, once I got PPR along with bio page, I have filled the same & submit it along with passport.. Now am waiting for approval & COPR.

My wife just noticed last day that my eye colour changed to brown or short of 'dark brown'. I have google it and came to know that Eye color can change with the passage of time. Yes possibly it's rare...

Did you face any issue while landing...
Wow... Thats a 5 year old thread you have awaken :) ..
And regarding eye color, this is not an issue.

Reactions: kjabbar

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Good to see your reply.. How's life in Canada. I got my CoPR and Visa :)
Life here is great...
All the best for you... Wish you a successful and joyous life here in Canada.

Reactions: kjabbar

kaurjuhi

Jul 26, 2018
Hello everybody.

I found my eyeth' color ith more brown than black.... :eek: But on IMM0008 form, I filled in black... Can I change the color on Biodata form later? I am worried this could cause a problem/confuthe for CIC... :-\
Hi Ecstrom,
Congratulations on getting citizenship !!
I have a situation similar to yours...filled BLACK eye color in PR application (express entry ) and the same is on COPR... Now realized its more DARK BROWN than BLACK......Will be doing first landing in Canada in 20 days.....

What would be the best option for me...Should I contact CIC :
1. before landing (20 days is not a lot of time for such things :().....
2. notify this issue at Port of entry to immigration officer....
3. Get it corrected after landing....
4. or just leave this as such... (How big is this issue or do they use brown and black interchangeably ?...Its not misrepresentation ..is it?)

What did U do ? Did u get your eye color corrected to brown afterwards ? Did u face any issue in these five years because of this? Please share your experience..... Apologies for so many questions and Thanks in advance !!

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi Ecstrom,
I have a situation similar to yours...filled BLACK eye color in PR application (express entry ) and the same is on COPR... Now realized its more DARK BROWN than BLACK......Will be doing first landing in Canada in 20 days.....

4. or just leave this as such... (How big is this issue or do they use brown and black interchangeably ?...Its not misrepresentation ..is it?)

What did U do ? Did u get your eye color corrected to brown afterwards ? Did u face any issue in these five years because of this? Please share your experience..... Apologies for so many questions and Thanks in advance !!
relax!!!!!

Reactions: kaurjuhi

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
Hi Ecstrom,

wow you dig out a very old posting haha I did nothing... just leave it as black.... i have no issues at all with black eye color on the PR card and travel with it haha... now I'm thinking what should I put when I apply for Canadian passport....lol

Last edited:
Reactions: kaurjuhi

kaurjuhi

Jul 26, 2018
haha I did nothing... just leave it as black.... i have no issues at all with black eye color on the PR card and travel with it haha... now I'm thinking what should I put when I apply for Canadian passport....lol
so
THANKS A LOT FOR THE REPLY !!... I am sure you will figure out that one too ..
So your PR card and Citizenship card both list black eye color ? What did you wrote for driving licence and health card then: Black or Brown ?
Sorry for asking these questions....but I m thinking knowing how this goes will finally put my mind at ease....I have few days left for landing... Should ideally be enjoying this time with my family... but instead I m worrying... sometimes feel silly :(