+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I change my current BC PNP Work Permit to an Open Work Permit?

jonno1978

May 6, 2014
Hi hope you guys can help me with this one,

I have a BC PNP work permit that is employer and location specific since March 2013, so just over a year now. It actually expires in March 2015. My wife has just joined me on an Open Spousal Work Permit and is keen to seek work out in Ontario because she has family out there/culturally a better fit. Sounds good to me, so my question is:

Am I able to change work permit from my BC PNP to an open work permit so that I can find another job out in Ontario?

Other stuff: I've also applied for Permanent residence and included my wife on that too and is currently being processed. Not sure if the idea to change work permit and employer would affect that?

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and happy summer everyone!
:)

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
jonno1978 said:
Hi hope you guys can help me with this one,

I have a BC PNP work permit that is employer and location specific since March 2013, so just over a year now. It actually expires in March 2015. My wife has just joined me on an Open Spousal Work Permit and is keen to seek work out in Ontario because she has family out there/culturally a better fit. Sounds good to me, so my question is:

Am I able to change work permit from my BC PNP to an open work permit so that I can find another job out in Ontario?

Other stuff: I've also applied for Permanent residence and included my wife on that too and is currently being processed. Not sure if the idea to change work permit and employer would affect that?

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and happy summer everyone!
:)
I would be interested to know that too but cant grasp an idea how a person can change it ?
You can wait for you PR and then move araound