+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I change college in canada ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is there a requirement that you have to complete the program in one year, if not 3 courses per semester is the canadian standard - right.
You need to be full-time thought 5 courses per semester was full-time. Think the OP was referring to the fact that she is completing a semester which will give her no benefit in terms of the PGWP.

Shariful Maruf

Dec 25, 2017
Hi, if a Person wants tp change undergraduate to diploma course. Then what he should do, I mean I heard its possible after reaching canada but want to before reaching Canada if the person get offer letter for diploma program from a college and wishes to do it. Then will he able to do that

A.psingh

Jul 19, 2018
Hi, I have got overall 6 band no less then 5.5 in all, but I have got admission in non spp college in September 2018 intake, I want to know can change my college from non Spp (CIMT) to Spp College after arriving.

A.psingh

Jul 19, 2018
You need to be full-time thought 5 courses per semester was full-time. Think the OP was referring to the fact that she is completing a semester which will give her no benefit in terms of the PGWP.
Hi, I have got overall 6 band no less then 5.5 in all, but I have got admission in non spp college in September 2018 intake, I want to know can change my college from non Spp ( CIMT) COLLEGE to Spp after arriving.

jeetkour

Star Member
Jul 21, 2018
Hi, I have got overall 6 band no less then 5.5 in all, but I have got admission in non spp college in September 2018 intake, I want to know can change my college from non Spp (CIMT) COLLEGE to Spp after arriving.
Hello AP Singh,

i have the same query and looking to apply for private college. Have you got admission in SPP college ?
and in which private college you are studying now ?

Reshma96

Jun 9, 2018
Hello,
I am currently studying in Lasalle college.
I have completed one semester in Mobile application development, and changed my program to IT after completion of one semester.
The program I shifted to have 4 semesters(Last semester with co-op)-1650 hours
so How many years of work permit will I get?
And does the Semester I did in Mobile Application count?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello,
I am currently studying in Lasalle college.
I have completed one semester in Mobile application development, and changed my program to IT after completion of one semester.
The program I shifted to have 4 semesters(Last semester with co-op)-1650 hours
so How many years of work permit will I get?
And does the Semester I did in Mobile Application count?
I guess you are doing AEC course of 1650 hours. If in the completion letter college writes 2 years in duration then you may get 3 years pgwp.

For your first semester you won't get any credit for pgwp until unless the college combines it in the completion letter with 1650 hours.

Gabannaj18

Dec 6, 2018
I started school in another university and I got admission to study at another school so is it possible to change schools so it shows on my student visa

Jagt

Nov 3, 2018
Can i change my college after getting visa for may intake. As i have offer letter of another college for September intake ???

BHA@1234

Star Member
Apr 15, 2019
Yes, you can change college and course both.
But you won't get any money back.
It is better to get a offer letter of your desired college before you arrive.

Before the starting of 1st semester , you can change the college by showing the offer letter of other college.
Just need to fill 2-3 forms.

Good Luck.
Hello, is it something you've done or do you know anyone who did it

Oct 12, 2019
I have recently take admission in Canadian college in Toronto for Jan intake but before coming to canada my cousin gave advice to me that i can apply for CAQ before 5 days of travel to canada and when i will reach there ,i got my CAQ and will take refund my fees for the new college..is it possible? If i apply in CDI college in Quebec.