Med's Done....
28-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2013
LANDED..........
Hoping to land soon..
If I first go to some college and then change it after 6 months or 1 year? Is it possible?

Harry22

Mar 17, 2013
Visa Office......
VFS CHD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2013
IELTS Request
7.0(L-9.0, S-6.5, R-6.5, W5.5)
Passport Req..
01-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2013
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
yes, its possible.

Simran250

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
HOSHIARPUR
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2013
IELTS Request
6.5 not less than 6.0
File Transfer...
02-08-2013
Med's Request
Pre Medical
Med's Done....
28-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2013
LANDED..........
Hoping to land soon..

tiger007

Champion Member
Simran250 said:
If I first go to some college and then change it after 6 months or 1 year? Is it possible?
Hi,

Why wait.. 1st 6 months/ 1 year.. pay huge fees in $$$, waste your money as well as time... when you can go a bit early, before the classes begin/ before withdraw deadline... withdraw admission and change over to a new course/college of your choice!

According to official CIC rules:
As a post-secondary student
You may change your school, program and/or field of study without applying for a new study permit. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid.
If you are changing your level of study (e.g., bachelor's to master's), you do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=487&t=15

Usually, you need to 1st take admission to the new course you are changing to, show the offer letter of new course to your present college/university, and officially withdraw from your present course.

So, you can change over to ANY recognized post secondary educational institute in ANY province of Canada (except Quebec, where CAQ is required), provided you get admission.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

Reactions: Olalemi

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Yes, you can change college and course both.
But you won't get any money back.
It is better to get a offer letter of your desired college before you arrive.

Before the starting of 1st semester , you can change the college by showing the offer letter of other college.
Just need to fill 2-3 forms.

Good Luck.

Reactions: BHA@1234

over9000

Star Member
Mar 17, 2013
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can i change my level of study from masters to bachelors?

458 Bridge

Apr 15, 2013
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19- 04-2013
Med's Request
9-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
tiger007 said:
Hi,

Why wait.. 1st 6 months/ 1 year.. pay huge fees in $$$, waste your money as well as time... when you can go a bit early, before the classes begin/ before withdraw deadline... withdraw admission and change over to a new course/college of your choice!

According to official CIC rules:
You may change your school, program and/or field of study without applying for a new study permit. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid.
If you are changing your level of study (e.g., bachelor's to master's), you do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=487&t=15

Usually, you need to 1st take admission to the new course you are changing to, show the offer letter of new course to your present college/university, and officially withdraw from your present course.

So, you can change over to ANY recognized post secondary educational institute in ANY province of Canada (except Quebec, where CAQ is required), provided you get admission.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

Hey, just a repetitive question.

I am applying for Masters and got into 2 Different Unis. Due to Time constraint i used the first admission letter to apply for Visa.
I am however not inclined towards that university. I want to choose the second one , but i havent told CHC that. Whats the procudure to change my Work Permit.... Do i even have to ?

it is issued at the airport ?

Reactions: suhelm

tiger007

Champion Member
458 Bridge said:
Hey, just a repetitive question.

I am applying for Masters and got into 2 Different Unis. Due to Time constraint i used the first admission letter to apply for Visa.
I am however not inclined towards that university. I want to choose the second one , but i havent told CHC that. Whats the procudure to change my Work Permit.... Do i even have to ?

it is issued at the airport ?
Hi,

As I mentioned, as per CIC:

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=487&t=15)

If your study permit is granted, you will actually be issued a TRV on your passport by the CHC. Once you land in Canada, at the airport entry point, customs & immigration will check your documents and issue you the actual study permit (with name of the 1st University on the study permit for which your visa was granted). There is no work permit involved, unless your course has a co-op option, which is usually granted right there with your study permit.

Then, simply go to the 1st university, show valid offer letter of the 2nd university... before the withdrawal deadline... cancel admission from the 1st university, get fee refund less administrative/cancel charges (usually transferred directly to the new educational institute or transferred to your bank account) and join the 2nd university of your choice. NO need to make any sought of changes to study permit or any need to notify CIC. All this, provided you still have valid admission status in the 2nd university of your choice and that 2nd university is NOT in the province of Quebec, where you will need to apply for extra CAQ (Quebec Acceptance certificate).

458 Bridge

Apr 15, 2013
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19- 04-2013
Med's Request
9-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
tiger007 said:
Hi,

As I mentioned, as per CIC:

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=487&t=15)

If your study permit is granted, you will actually be issued a TRV on your passport by the CHC. Once you land in Canada, at the airport entry point, customs & immigration will check your documents and issue you the actual study permit (with name of the 1st University on the study permit for which your visa was granted). There is no work permit involved, unless your course has a co-op option, which is usually granted right there with your study permit.

Then, simply go to the 1st university, show valid offer letter of the 2nd university... before the withdrawal deadline... cancel admission from the 1st university, get fee refund less administrative/cancel charges (usually transferred directly to the new educational institute or transferred to your bank account) and join the 2nd university of your choice. NO need to make any sought of changes to study permit or any need to notify CIC. All this, provided you still have valid admission status in the 2nd university of your choice and that 2nd university is NOT in the province of Quebec, where you will need to apply for extra CAQ (Quebec Acceptance certificate).

Thanks for the info.
I guess i didn't work my question correctly. I meant study permit, not work permit.
I was just wondering since they issue it at the airport , i can always request to have the 2nd institution name printed on it.
But i guess now that u have clarified the importance. It really doesn't matter. And why make things complicated. Just let it flow.

Cheers !

aswin1991

Mar 5, 2013
haloo bro actualy i got admission for may intake i want to change col and i got admission for another college which starts from september would der be any problem if i sit ideal and also would der be any problem for visa bcz visa vll be xpired

thanqq

tiger007

Champion Member
aswin1991 said:
haloo bro actualy i got admission for may intake i want to change col and i got admission for another college which starts from september would der be any problem if i sit ideal and also would der be any problem for visa bcz visa vll be xpired

thanqq
Hi,

As of now, if you officially withdraw your original course in May by showing offer letter of new course/college for Sept. intake.. transfer and take valid admission for Sept. intake in another college... you can sit idle till then... No problem. Later, when the original study permit will be near expiry date, you can simply apply for extension of study permit. The application for the extension of the study permit can be made at earliest, maximum 3 months before the expiry of the current study permit.

BUT, new proposed rules, which will be implemented from Jan 2014... won't allow this..and the student then must maintain status of a "student" i.e won't be able to sit idle.

Jun 2, 2017
Hello
I am an international student. I was enrolled in biotechnology advanced Fastrack in Centennial college may 2017 intake but I found it difficult so I changed my course to International business management but now I am also having lots of difficulty in learning business because I am not from business background my background is bioinformatics and my peers they have MBA degrees and lot of work experience. I don't even have any work experience and due to all these reasons I am not able to perform well in the class. I am very depressed I want to change this program and college I asked St Lawrence college they suggested me to do one semester from Centennial and bring the transcript then apply for the offer letter for January intake 2018 and drop one semester after giving exam in Centennial college because they need my transcript to give me admission
I am very confused what to do
One more problem I am not very financially strong I have to do the job here to pay my fee for the next semester but this Centennial college is not allowing me to do the job it's very hectic here I have 5 days classes in a week I am very confused about my situation
Please tell me if I do one semester from Centennial and then drop the another semester and take admission to St Lawrence (Alpha international academy) in January intake 2018 in health care management program then is it going to create any problem for me in future for applying my work permit and PR?
Help me i need your genuine advise

dhillonn

Mar 13, 2017
toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello
I am an international student. I was enrolled in biotechnology advanced Fastrack in Centennial college may 2017 intake but I found it difficult so I changed my course to International business management but now I am also having lots of difficulty in learning business because I am not from business background my background is bioinformatics and my peers they have MBA degrees and lot of work experience. I don't even have any work experience and due to all these reasons I am not able to perform well in the class. I am very depressed I want to change this program and college I asked St Lawrence college they suggested me to do one semester from Centennial and bring the transcript then apply for the offer letter for January intake 2018 and drop one semester after giving exam in Centennial college because they need my transcript to give me admission
One more problem I am not very financially strong I have to do the job here to pay my fee for the next semester but this Centennial college is not allowing me to do the job it's very hectic here I have 5 days classes in a week I am very confused about my situation
Please tell me if I do one semester from Centennial and then drop the another semester and take admission to St Lawrence (Alpha international academy) in January intake 2018 in health care management program then is it going to create any problem for me in future for applying my work permit and PR?
i have the same problem ..i am in humber .. my colleagues are very experienced and its a 3 sem course .. it will be counted as 1 year as same as 8 month course ..so my. 3rd sem is useless for me..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello
Just so you know if you are not a full-time student you can't work.

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Is there a requirement that you have to complete the program in one year, if not 3 courses per semester is the canadian standard - right.