+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I cancel visitor extension application if a visitor leave Canada?

Nikesh13

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Hello All,
I have a question. Currently, The processing time for a visitor visa extension is 179 days.

I am a permanent resident in Canada; my mother has been with us since 01 March 2022 and her visitor status will get expired by (30 August 2022).

However, we all are going to India for Diwali in October 2022. Therefore, I would like to extend my mother's stay for additional Two more months (01 Sept 2022 to 30 Oct 2022).

I am planning to apply for her extension for two more months and my question is as follows

1). If I apply for my mother's Visitor Extension, and we fly back to India and still I did not hear back from IRCC regarding her application, can I cancel her application or I must have to finish the application?

2). If I get a response from IRCC that her extension has been approved and that time what happened if my mother has already left Canada. so In this case, should I contact IRCC immediately if she leaves Canada during her implied status?

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All,
I have a question. Currently, The processing time for a visitor visa extension is 179 days.

I am a permanent resident in Canada; my mother has been with us since 01 March 2022 and her visitor status will get expired by (30 August 2022).

However, we all are going to India for Diwali in October 2022. Therefore, I would like to extend my mother's stay for additional Two more months (01 Sept 2022 to 30 Oct 2022).

I am planning to apply for her extension for two more months and my question is as follows

1). If I apply for my mother's Visitor Extension, and we fly back to India and still I did not hear back from IRCC regarding her application, can I cancel her application or I must have to finish the application?

2). If I get a response from IRCC that her extension has been approved and that time what happened if my mother has already left Canada. so In this case, should I contact IRCC immediately if she leaves Canada during her implied status?

Thanks
You should withdraw the application when she leaves and explain that she has left Canada. Since she did remain past her 6 month stay she did actually did get her stay extended so can be asked to complete a medical. If you withdraw chances of having to do the medical likely decreases.

freddieMercury

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Sorry for highjacking this thread, I'm just curious, how would one withdraw the (visitor extension) application?

- send a webform explaining the situation??