+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i call my vegreville officer and inquier about the final decition on my case

eliza22dleon

Nov 27, 2011
Hey i applied under spouse sponsorship and my applicacion was received june 28 2010 and application started sept 2010 after 7 months i got my first stage approval and received a letter i qualified for permanent residence but since then i havent heard back. the few times i called to inquiere the call centre agent said "immigration is verifying your background-criminal check" but that was 2 months ago and i called 2 weeks ago and i received again same answer. I have a clean criminal record back home so I do feel suspicious about the answer given to me.

I miss my family from my home country and I feel upset i missed my fathe's funeral a few days ago, can someone recommend me how to inquier about my final decition? it kills me that Christmas is here and my mom is alone.

NBaker

Oct 23, 2011
The call centre is your point of contact. You need to draw on all your ability to be patient. The timeline you mention is quite short compared to many people. Check in with the call centre as often as you wish, but do't expect that to make any change in the time it takes to complete the process.