+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i bring my minor child with my study permit and my husband’s work permit?

Mindy Baek

Mar 10, 2020
Hi guys.
We got my study permit and my husband’s open work permit through online on March 3rd and we can enter Canada now
However our concern is our minor child who is now 3 years old. We thought he can get the visitor visa at the air port. Due to the covid19 situation, I am worried if he is not available to enter the Canada.
Do you guys know if our son can enter Canada or not?
Thanks!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
What do you mean get a visitor visa at the airport given needs a visa just to board a plane before coming to Canada. e the link for the definition of immediate family members and who can travel or not

Have you checked with your college that if your course was planned to start May that it has not been deferred as not really a good time obviously to come to Canada at the moment given you will need to obey the mandatory 14 day isolation on arrival and not allowed to go anywhere during that time.. For your husband should be aware nobody is likely to hiring anyone for probably months so should be financially prepared for that.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

Mindy Baek

Mar 10, 2020
What do you mean get a visitor visa at the airport given needs a visa just to board a plane before coming to Canada. e the link for the definition of immediate family members and who can travel or not

Have you checked with your college that if your course was planned to start May that it has not been deferred as not really a good time obviously to come to Canada at the moment given you will need to obey the mandatory 14 day isolation on arrival and not allowed to go anywhere during that time.. For your husband should be aware nobody is likely to hiring anyone for probably months so should be financially prepared for that.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html
My course will start on September and we booked a flight in July. I know we have some time but i am just curious if my son can receive a visitor visa at the Canadian air port when he has only an eTA.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys.
We got my study permit and my husband’s open work permit through online on March 3rd and we can enter Canada now
However our concern is our minor child who is now 3 years old. We thought he can get the visitor visa at the air port. Due to the covid19 situation, I am worried if he is not available to enter the Canada.
Do you guys know if our son can enter Canada or not?
Thanks!
I'm not sure your son will be allowed to board the plane at this time. I don't think entering Canada will be an issue if you can get here. I think boarding the plane might be a challenge until the travel ban lifts in June.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My course will start on September and we booked a flight in July. I know we have some time but i am just curious if my son can receive a visitor visa at the Canadian air port when he has only an eTA.
It's not a visitor visa. When you enter, you will need to request a Visitor Record for the child to match the validity of your permit.

As above, you need to monitor the travel restrictions.