+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I bring My car in Manitoba CA

lemon85

Oct 25, 2011
Hello Everyone,
I need suggestions or opinions to those who have experience of driving a car going to the border of Canada coming from
United States. If I'll be residing as a permanent resident in Manitoba CA. Can I do this by land instead of flying by plane.
Do I need to pay for a landing fee? Does the immigration will allow me to do this by land? I have stuffed to bring because I
already invested it. Thanks. Need help what's the best thing to do because I'm saving money. And also can I import my car
passing to the border. Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lemon85 said:
Hello Everyone,
I need suggestions or opinions to those who have experience of driving a car going to the border of Canada coming from
United States. If I'll be residing as a permanent resident in Manitoba CA. Can I do this by land instead of flying by plane.
Do I need to pay for a landing fee? Does the immigration will allow me to do this by land? I have stuffed to bring because I
already invested it. Thanks. Need help what's the best thing to do because I'm saving money. And also can I import my car
passing to the border. Thanks
1. Yes
2. No, you already have paid the Right of Permanent Residence fee of $490 right?
3. You have to have clear title on the car, or permission from the lender to remove it from the US in writing.
4. You need a clearance certificate from the manufacturer that all recalls have been done.
5. You have to fax a copy of the title to the US Border 72 hours before you export the car. Note the US export office only works Monday to Friday. See: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/trade/basic_trade/export_docs/motor_vehicle.xml
6. You should read www.riv.ca on importing a vehicle to Canada. You will probably have to have modifications made, and it inspected.

lemon85

Oct 25, 2011
Question: Can I bring the car to Canada even it is not yet paid off? Some dealer said that I can continue paying it in Canada is this true?
I found out that brand new honda cars cannot bring to Canada unless it is paid off. I don't know with other dealers? Need suggestion. Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lemon85 said:
Question: Can I bring the car to Canada even it is not yet paid off? Some dealer said that I can continue paying it in Canada is this true?
I found out that brand new honda cars cannot bring to Canada unless it is paid off. I don't know with other dealers? Need suggestion. Thank you
Read No. 2 in my previous post. It is unlikely that you find any lender will let your remove their property from the states, because they can't seize it if you default.

umairz

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
AOR Received.
19-10-2011
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-01-2012
Well, sorry for this, I am not sure about the rules of importing cars in Canada. But make sure it's not lemon or otherwise your name suggests :p

Good Luck!