+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I bring medicine ?

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
As its harder to get medication in Canada, I want to bring some essential medication like pain killers, antibiotics etc from my home country where its easy to buy every medicine off the counter.
Is it allowed to do so ?

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
yes, no problem.

make sure you put them in the checked-in baggage and you have the receipts/doctors note/prescription that you take them.

Reactions: canuck78

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
yes, no problem.

make sure you put them in the checked-in baggage and you have the receipts/doctors note/prescription that you take them.
There is a problem provided those medicines meet Canadian Standards and are legal in Canada. In some situation, some medicine that can be acquired over the counter in foreign countries requires prescription in Canada. It could be okey if you did this before and you did not declare but below link is the guidelines if you arrive with medication. All medicines needs to be on carry-on baggage and you go through Family/Special needs security line. You are permitted to import a single course of treatment or a 90-day supply, whichever is less based on the directions for use, of an over-the-counter drug

https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety/medication

Reactions: rogelcorral