+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i apply with Quebec Skilled Worker in this situation?

zqd9853572002

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Dear all, I am now some confused with the Quebec skilled worker program, so come here for some help. My situation is below, can I apply Quebec skilled worker immigration with that?

1. Education: Master degree (2 years program in United States, major in Risk Management) + Bachelor degree (4 years program in China, major in Insurance)
2. Age: 29
3. Work Experience: 5 years (1 year in US, 3 years in China, nearly 1 year in Montreal, CA)
4. Language: English-I didn't take the IELTS, but I think I can get at least 5-5.5 for each part. French-I am studying now from fundamental course (so there may not points for French).
5. Stay in Quebec: I work for the Montreal based company since 5/2016 but have some business trip (around 7 months) in China, now I'm in Montreal.
6. Relatives: non
7. Marriage: non
8. Job offer: yes, the company is in Montreal area
9. Enfant: non
10. Financial proof: I think I can get it.

And there are my questions:
1. So can I apply for the Quebec skilled worker program?
2. If yes, how long will that takes (from preparing files or from filed to immigration office to obtaining CSQ)? I heard some people (from law office) said the it will talked around 1-2 years from files submitted to CSQ obtained... I am not sure whether they just tricking me and introduce me to other application...
3. If I apply for immigration with Quebec skilled worker program AND PEQ program, is that possible? Will the application of Quebec skilled worker will affect the PEQ application? I am now taking the French course and may take the Tefaq test after 6-12 months study.

unlimited2access

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
zqd9853572002 said:
Dear all, I am now some confused with the Quebec skilled worker program, so come here for some help. My situation is below, can I apply Quebec skilled worker immigration with that?

1. Education: Master degree (2 years program in United States, major in Risk Management) + Bachelor degree (4 years program in China, major in Insurance)
2. Age: 29
3. Work Experience: 5 years (1 year in US, 3 years in China, nearly 1 year in Montreal, CA)
4. Language: English-I didn't take the IELTS, but I think I can get at least 5-5.5 for each part. French-I am studying now from fundamental course (so there may not points for French).
5. Stay in Quebec: I work for the Montreal based company since 5/2016 but have some business trip (around 7 months) in China, now I'm in Montreal.
6. Relatives: non
7. Marriage: non
8. Job offer: yes, the company is in Montreal area
9. Enfant: non
10. Financial proof: I think I can get it.

And there are my questions:
1. So can I apply for the Quebec skilled worker program?
2. If yes, how long will that takes (from preparing files or from filed to immigration office to obtaining CSQ)? I heard some people (from law office) said the it will talked around 1-2 years from files submitted to CSQ obtained... I am not sure whether they just tricking me and introduce me to other application...
3. If I apply for immigration with Quebec skilled worker program AND PEQ program, is that possible? Will the application of Quebec skilled worker will affect the PEQ application? I am now taking the French course and may take the Tefaq test after 6-12 months study.
You can apply under PEQ category if you have french B2 level in TEFAQ, this way you can get CSQ in a month's time. Other way is points based, I think you will get enough points to apply right now without french skills. I suggest apply for CSQ in points based category and keep learning french, the day when you get your b2 level cleared, apply under PEQ category. Thats the best advice i can give you.

Smearingo

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS / Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016 (received on 06-01-2016)
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016 (RPRF and PCC from Hong Kong)
Nomination.....
CSQ-PEQ-étudiant, issued: 23-12-2015, received: 30-12-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
04-07-2016 (submitted 13-07-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-01-2017 (photocopy of passport pages [visa-exempt country] + 2 recent photos); documents sent: 05-01-2017, delivered: unknown (always "out for delivery" since 09-01-2017)
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Exempt Country, CoPR issued: 16-01-2017, GC-key/MyCIC account finalized: 19-01-2017, return envelope activated: 20-01-2017; CoPR received: 23-01-2017
LANDED..........
24-01-2017
I agree with Unlimited2access. For now, the best is to apply for the regular point-based CSQ application if you have got enough points (which may take about 12 months to process). It's true that PEQ will be a fast-track (it will be processed in 3 weeks), but the required B2 French competence sets a high bar for potential applicants whose knowledge of French is limited (such as those who have just started learning French). It will be unrealistic to acquire B2 level within a year from beginner (note: compared to IELTS, B2 is equivalent to 5.5-6.5).