+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply visitor visa for my spouse for her to stay with me?

sachinrace

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
Merry Christmas Everyone,

I had applied for my PGWP on 28th November, 2018 and I am expecting the results by the last week of January 2019. My study permit expires and my spousal open work permit will expire on 31st January, 2019. What would be the best way to ensure that she stays with me(if I get the work permit) after 31st January? A new application of her visitor visa?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Happy Holidays.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Merry Christmas Everyone,

I had applied for my PGWP on 28th November, 2018 and I am expecting the results by the last week of January 2019. My study permit expires and my spousal open work permit will expire on 31st January, 2019. What would be the best way to ensure that she stays with me(if I get the work permit) after 31st January? A new application of her visitor visa?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Happy Holidays.
Hi

If you don't have a skilled job qualifying her for an OWP, she needs to apply to change her status to visitor before Jan 31st. If you have a skilled job and 3 payslips, she can apply for an OWP based on your PGWP.

sachinrace

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
Hi

If you don't have a skilled job qualifying her for an OWP, she needs to apply to change her status to visitor before Jan 31st. If you have a skilled job and 3 payslips, she can apply for an OWP based on your PGWP.
Can she apply for the visitor visa while I am waiting for my PGWP result?
And can she stay beyond 31st January(when her OWP expires) while waiting for her result?

Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Can she apply for the visitor visa while I am waiting for my PGWP result?
And can she stay beyond 31st January(when her OWP expires) while waiting for her result?

Thanks.
Visitor status extension, not a visitor visa. Yes, she can apply and will have Implied Status after Jan 31st while waiting for a decision.

sachinrace

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
It seems my PGWP application's result will be out not before the mid of February.
Since my spouse's work permit is expiring on January 31st, is there anyway by which I can apply her change of status as visitor before there is any decision made on my file(given that visitor visa processing time is 7 days)?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It seems my PGWP application's result will be out not before the mid of February.
Since my spouse's work permit is expiring on January 31st, is there anyway by which I can apply her change of status as visitor before there is any decision made on my file(given that visitor visa processing time is 7 days)?
Yes, she can apply to change her status to visitor.