+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply to study when I am already in Canada on tourist visa?

Gstarr

May 29, 2013
Sorry if this has been asked many times before....I am already in Canada on a 6 month tourist visa. I am from the UK. I have seem a course I would like to do here in Vancouver which is 27 weeks in duration (9weeks x 3 terms) I could start at the end of September but am not sure how long the visa process takes or even whether I can apply from within Canada or do I have to be in the UK. Can anyone advise me?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Gstarr said:
Sorry if this has been asked many times before....I am already in Canada on a 6 month tourist visa. I am from the UK. I have seem a course I would like to do here in Vancouver which is 27 weeks in duration (9weeks x 3 terms) I could start at the end of September but am not sure how long the visa process takes or even whether I can apply from within Canada or do I have to be in the UK. Can anyone advise me?
"The following persons may apply from within Canada:

Holders of valid work or study permits and their family members;
Holders of temporary resident permits (TRPs) valid for a minimum of six months and their family members;
Refugee claimants and persons subject to an unenforceable removal order;
In-Canada permanent resident applicants and their family members who are members of the following classes, determined eligible for permanent residents (PR) status:
live-in caregiver, spouse or common-law partner, protected persons, and humanitarian and compassionate considerations (H&C);
Persons whose study permits were authorized by a visa office abroad, where the permit was not issued at a port of entry;
Family members of athletes on a Canadian-based team, media representatives, members of the clergy, or military personnel assigned to Canada."

source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5552ETOC.asp#5552E2