+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply to PR for my parent who is under Super Visa?

a7medfx

Mar 6, 2020
Singapore
Greetings.

I am a citizen in Canada and my single parent is here with me under super visa for more than a year.

Is there any way I can get a PR for my parent without the PGP way?

Are immigration lawyers able to help?

Kindly advice.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Greetings.

I am a citizen in Canada and my single parent is here with me under super visa for more than a year.

Is there any way I can get a PR for my parent without the PGP way?

Are immigration lawyers able to help?

Kindly advice.
No. PGP is the only way unless your parent is able to get a job offer with LMIA or immigrate through Express Entry based on own merits. With a LMIA, need to apply for a closed work permit and may need ECA or IELTS.

Reactions: a7medfx

a7medfx

Mar 6, 2020
Singapore
No. PGP is the only way unless your parent is able to get a job offer with LMIA or immigrate through Express Entry based on own merits. With a LMIA, need to apply for a closed work permit and may need ECA or IELTS.
Thank you very much. I appreciate it.

LolaPM

Aug 14, 2022
Hi everyone,

I wanted to share the petition to the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship to improve the Family Sponsorship (PGP) program: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-4385. I already received the support from the Member of Parliament, and now the petition needs to collect 500 signatures before June 19th to be presented at the House of Commons. All residents of Canada can sign, you don't have to be a citizen or PR.

I would be very grateful if you could sign it and share with your friends.

Thank you,

Lola

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

I wanted to share the petition to the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship to improve the Family Sponsorship (PGP) program: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-4385. I already received the support from the Member of Parliament, and now the petition needs to collect 500 signatures before June 19th to be presented at the House of Commons. Anyone in Canada can sign, you don't have to be a citizen or PR.

I would be very grateful if you could sign it and share with your friends.

Thank you,

Lola
You need to clarify your statement that you don’t have to be a citizen or PR. It is not anyone in Canada, the person must be a resident of Canada.

Reactions: LolaPM