+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply to extend my partner work permit while I am at "Implied Status"

Nazaninpolite

Feb 28, 2020
Hi there,
I recently graduated and I am going to apply for a PGWP(Postgraduate work permit) this week, I know I would go to Implied Status and can start working here.
My partner also has an Open work permit but it will expire by the end of December, I might not have my work permit till then!
What can I do? Can we apply to extend his work permit while I am in implied status? Or can I go to the border to get my work permit sooner?
I appreciate if you can help me, thanks

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Hi there,
I recently graduated and I am going to apply for a PGWP(Postgraduate work permit) this week, I know I would go to Implied Status and can start working here.
My partner also has an Open work permit but it will expire by the end of December, I might not have my work permit till then!
What can I do? Can we apply to extend his work permit while I am in implied status? Or can I go to the border to get my work permit sooner?
I appreciate if you can help me, thanks
No because your partner need to attach a copy of your PGWP as part of the application to renew it. Flagpoling (go to the border for a permit and come back) is not permitted at this moment per IRCC website.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit-result.asp?q1_options=1i&q2_options=2d

Nazaninpolite

Feb 28, 2020