+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply spouse work permit is she pregnant?

mrugs.jani

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-08-2020
Hello everyone,

I’ve just completed my 2 years diploma program in Canada, and I recently got my Post Graduation Work Permit. Now, I want to apply for my wife’s Open Work Permit, but my only confusion is by the time apply for her visa she will 5-6 month pregnant.

Does it affect anyways to our visa application?

3 time her TRV (visitor) & 1 OWP (Open Work Permit) was rejected in the last 2 years and that’s the only reason I am so worried. Mostly reasons for rejection is Visa Officer is not satisfied that she will leave the county.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
Mrugesh Jani

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

I’ve just completed my 2 years diploma program in Canada, and I recently got my Post Graduation Work Permit. Now, I want to apply for my wife’s Open Work Permit, but my only confusion is by the time apply for her visa she will 5-6 month pregnant.

Does it affect anyways to our visa application?

3 time her TRV (visitor) & 1 OWP (Open Work Permit) was rejected in the last 2 years and that’s the only reason I am so worried. Mostly reasons for rejection is Visa Officer is not satisfied that she will leave the county.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
Mrugesh Jani
Do you have a jon with NOC 0, A or B and 3 pay stubs?

She will have to complete a medical and X-rays are generally not recommended during pregnancy. Most pregnant women delay the x-ray until after birth. What province are you living in? She may not have access to medical coverage.

Reactions: scylla

mrugs.jani

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-08-2020
Yes, I have NOC B job with 3 or more pay stubs...

I am in Ontario and trying for the same.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, I have NOC B job with 3 or more pay stubs...

I am in Ontario and trying for the same.
If your wife moves to Canada she will not have medical coverage. She would have to show proof she would be workimg for 6 months to qualify which is unlikely if she is heavily pregnant. Then there is a 3 month wait for coverage. She also wouldn't receive maternity benefits without working for 600 hours. If you are fine paying for prenatal, delivery and postpartum care your wife might be able to move. Budget 10K for vaginal birth with epidural and 15K+ for c-section. Any other complication plus care before and after birth will be more.

mrugs.jani

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-08-2020
If your wife moves to Canada she will not have medical coverage. She would have to show proof she would be workimg for 6 months to qualify which is unlikely if she is heavily pregnant. Then there is a 3 month wait for coverage. She also wouldn't receive maternity benefits without working for 600 hours. If you are fine paying for prenatal, delivery and postpartum care your wife might be able to move. Budget 10K for vaginal birth with epidural and 15K+ for c-section. Any other complication plus care before and after birth will be more.
Thank you very much for your brief reply.

For me money is not the concern at all, my only confusion is does it anyhow affect her visa application or visa officer's view? Is it advisable to apply visa at this phase or not?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you very much for your brief reply.

For me money is not the concern at all, my only confusion is does it anyhow affect her visa application or visa officer's view? Is it advisable to apply visa at this phase or not?
No it doesn’t matter.

mesho

Aug 21, 2019
Any update on that?
I have a similar case. I got a job in Ontario and my wife's due date is within the first three months of our moving date to Ontario.

mrugs.jani

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-08-2020
Any update on that?
I have a similar case. I got a job in Ontario and my wife's due date is within the first three months of our moving date to Ontario.
I ended up applying TRP (Visitor Visa) with my parents and all of them got approved.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Any update on that?
She will not qualify for coverage. You will have to pay all costs out of pocket.