+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i apply PR in new immigration program for temporary workers???

rockinglife786

May 24, 2015
I am working as Residential and commercial installer(which comes in essential occupation) full time for over 1 year . Can i apply in this stream?
Also
1. if yes, then instead of passport can i apply with refugee travel document or apply for my home country passport to enter in this stream?
2.if i suppose get PR because of this stream can i travel back to home country or use my home country passport to travel? Because I will be getting my PR from skilled base not from refugee

Please please let me know if anyone knows the answer
My Refugee claimant has been accepted

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am working as Residential and commercial installer(which comes in essential occupation) full time for over 1 year . Can i apply in this stream?
Also
1. if yes, then instead of passport can i apply with refugee travel document or apply for my home country passport to enter in this stream?
2.if i suppose get PR because of this stream can i travel back to home country or use my home country passport to travel? Because I will be getting my PR from skilled base not from refugee

Please please let me know if anyone knows the answer
My Refugee claimant has been accepted
Don’t believe you qualify and you already have a PR application which much be close to acceptance. You will always be a protected person so you would never be able to travel home as a PR without risking your status in Canada.

szagham

Apr 24, 2018
Don’t believe you qualify and you already have a PR application which much be close to acceptance. You will always be a protected person so you would never be able to travel home as a PR without risking your status in Canada.
Hi,
I guess question is still there whether asylum seekers are eligible ? Are they being considered Temporary Status people in Canada?
Really

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I guess question is still there whether asylum seekers are eligible ? Are they being considered Temporary Status people in Canada?
Really
Agree that it is pretty clear they don't qualify because they don't have status in Canada but have been given a WP to try to lessen the cost to the taxpayer. Previously if you had enough savings you didn't get a WP.