+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply LIC working permit within Canada?

VILLAGEHUA

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Dear senior,

If I found an amployer in Vancouver while I am with student Visa. If they are going to apply LMO and sponsor me, then should I go back to my country apply a working permit or apply withing in Canada or only go to Seattle apply for my WP? Please offer some related website, thank you very much.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
VILLAGEHUA said:
Dear senior,

If I found an amployer in Vancouver while I am with student Visa. If they are going to apply LMO and sponsor me, then should I go back to my country apply a working permit or apply withing in Canada or only go to Seattle apply for my WP? Please offer some related website, thank you very much.
Do you need visa to enter the US? You can send your application to Seattle but if you did not have a US visa (that is if you're not from a country whose citizens do not need visa to enter Canada/US), then you may have difficulty going to the US should you be called for interview.

VILLAGEHUA

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Yes, I need a visa to seattle because I come from Asia country. Now I am in Vancouver, so can I still only send a application form to seattle?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

VILLAGEHUA said:
Yes, I need a visa to seattle because I come from Asia country. Now I am in Vancouver, so can I still only send a application form to seattle?
You can send your application to Seattle, but remember there is an excellent chance that you will have to attend an interview in Seattle, so if you don't have a US visa and you don't attend the interview, you will be refused.

PMM

VILLAGEHUA

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Thank you for your response, PMM

I do have US visa and is faster for me than apply in my country. How about if I go to seattle apply my working visa and will I have interview on the same day? My student visa is expired on May, if I exit Canada to seattle, then will that have any problem for me to entry Canada? Because I am not sure how long will apply work permit task in Seattle.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
VILLAGEHUA said:
Thank you for your response, PMM

I do have US visa and is faster for me than apply in my country. How about if I go to seattle apply my working visa and will I have interview on the same day? My student visa is expired on May, if I exit Canada to seattle, then will that have any problem for me to entry Canada? Because I am not sure how long will apply work permit task in Seattle.
Yes you can go to Seattle and apply directly at the Canadian Consulate. Go early. I think they stop accepting applicants at about 10 AM.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/seattle/offices-bureaux/hours-heures.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=3&menu=L

Study and Work Permits: Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m.