+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply Inland PR for mom (on visitor visa)

supergirl007

Apr 8, 2019
Can I apply for my mom’s PR? She is in Canada on visitor visa. If so what all documents will be required ? If not then what other options or possibilities can I look into?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can I apply for my mom’s PR? She is in Canada on visitor visa. If so what all documents will be required ? If not then what other options or possibilities can I look into?
This program is not open at this time. You cannot submit an application right now. In order to sponsor your mother for PR, you must first be selected through the parent / grandparent sponsorship lottery. You must also meet minimum income requirements in order to qualify to sponsor your mother for PR. Applications for parent / grandparent sponsorship are not being accepted at this time. We do not know when the lottery will open this year yet. You can read more information about this process here (including what documents are required, as well as the minimum income requirements) and then look for announcements from IRCC for when the lottery will open: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

Another option would be for your mother to apply for PR on her own through an economic immigration stream like Express Entry or PNP if she meets the requirements and has sufficient points.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would add that demand for spots far exceeds the number of spots available so it is not unusual for it to take a long time to sponsor a parent and parent sponsorship is never guaranteed. If your mother wants to visit Canada for a longer period of time I would look into a supervisa.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
For either super visa or trying to meet requirement to sponsor your mom under PGP evenutally, you need to stay and work in Canada and file income tax.
You need to meet income requirement (LICO) for either way. (super visa or PGP)