+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I Apply for visitor visa for my wife while spousal sponsorship PR application is on

kronok

Nov 7, 2022
Hi,
I applied spousal sponsorship PR for my wife. I didn't receive AOR yet. It's been almost two months since I applied. Now I am thinking to apply for visitor visa for her. Is this doable right now?

Need experts opinion, please!

Regards,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I applied spousal sponsorship PR for my wife. I didn't receive AOR yet. It's been almost two months since I applied. Now I am thinking to apply for visitor visa for her. Is this doable right now?

Regards,
Yes you can apply. Not guaranteed to be approved. Depending on the province she may or may not qualify for healthcare so do your research and apply for travel medical insurance before coming to Canada if she gets the TRV.

Reactions: kronok and comarxx

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
Hi,

Regards,
wait to get AOR,
The IRCC minister made a new announcement last Friday that chances for it to be approved will be higher if pr application process has begun.

Reactions: kronok

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
100% correct info by charbk. First wait to get your AOR followed by Sponsorship Approval letter. If you have applied online, that usually takes 2 months or more, to get AOR, followed by 1-2 days then your Sponsorship Approval.
Once you get both, then apply for TRV.

Reactions: kronok and Charbk

Luxshan2008

Jan 4, 2024
Is it okay to apply for TVR if you are waiting for spousal sponsorship. If okay, lets say that my spouse got approved for TVR. And how does the spouse sponsorship application works? Do they have to back where they came from, or do i have to apply for different applications to process it inside canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is it okay to apply for TVR if you are waiting for spousal sponsorship. If okay, lets say that my spouse got approved for TVR. And how does the spouse sponsorship application works? Do they have to back where they came from, or do i have to apply for different applications to process it inside canada?
Yes your spouse can attempt to secure a TRV when they marry a PR or citizen. They can attempt to apply before or after applying for sponsorship. Approval rates were relatively low until recently. It’s unclear what exactly leads to TRV denials for spouses who apply to come to Canada during sponsorship or before sponsorship other than red flags when it comes to the validity of the relationship. If an interview is required on an Outland sponsorship application you typically have to do the interview in your home country. Not sure if that has changed. Most applications do not require an interview. You can also continue Outland sponsorship while in Canada or file for Outland application from Canada if you expect to need to travel outside of Canada during the sponsorship process. If your spouse is a PR they need to return to Canada and remain in Canada during the sponsorship process. If they are a citizen they can apply while abroad and do not have to remain in Canada during the sponsorship program.

hasti815

Jan 16, 2020
100% correct info by charbk. First wait to get your AOR followed by Sponsorship Approval letter. If you have applied online, that usually takes 2 months or more, to get AOR, followed by 1-2 days then your Sponsorship Approval.
Once you get both, then apply for TRV.
Hi there. We applied for a visitor visa for my spouse a couple of months before applying for Sponsorship. The processing time of where he has applied is over a year now for TRV. We informed IRCC when he got his AOR for the Sponsorship application, but haven’t heard back anything yet. Do you think we need to withdraw and resubmit in order to be prioritized?