+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for visit visa now?

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
I have been trying to find this information but couldn't get a proper answer so trying here with the knowledgeable crowd.

Can I apply for the visit visa now and what things I can do to ensure and maximize my chances of a tourist visa? I am currently doing my Masters from UK and graduating in few months.

I have pre-university in Canada way back in 2012, if that helps.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have been trying to find this information but couldn't get a proper answer so trying here with the knowledgeable crowd.

Can I apply for the visit visa now and what things I can do to ensure and maximize my chances of a tourist visa? I am currently doing my Masters from UK and graduating in few months.

I have pre-university in Canada way back in 2012, if that helps.
What is your citizenship?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
India currently in UK
So you need a TRV. It will depend on your ties to your home country, finances, previous international travel, etc. As I previously noted it may be quite some time before you are able to travel to Canada due to travel restrictions even if you get a TRV.

Reactions: sheikhzaid

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
So you need a TRV. It will depend on your ties to your home country, finances, previous international travel, etc. As I previously noted it may be quite some time before you are able to travel to Canada due to travel restrictions even if you get a TRV as it takes time and I want to at least get it approved so I can travel when the time is right.
Yeah, I am aware that travelling might not be on the cards anytime soon. But I was wondering if I can apply for the TRV now, is that possible?

Also, as you read I am currently finishing Masters and also working for a company. Will that work as ties? Also, I plan to go there for a month and go around and they ask for expected date of travel on the application, not knowing how things will unfold can't be sure about the travel date, so what should I chose?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yeah, I am aware that travelling might not be on the cards anytime soon. But I was wondering if I can apply for the TRV now, is that possible?

Also, as you read I am currently finishing Masters and also working for a company. Will that work as ties? Also, I plan to go there for a month and go around and they ask for expected date of travel on the application, not knowing how things will unfold can't be sure about the travel date, so what should I chose?
You can apply although if you will have a stronger application soon then I would wait. Are you graduating soon? Is there a reason for your travels? Students, especially living in a 3rd country, have a hard time getting a TRV.

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
You can apply although if you will have a stronger application soon then I would wait. Are you graduating soon? Is there a reason for your travels? Students, especially living in a 3rd country, have a hard time getting a TRV.
I am currently in UK that's why I want to apply from here. Might make my case stronger. I have been working here in the UK too, I want to go there for a change, I studied there 7 years ago, made friends and stuff. I was quite young and studious so I couldn't get to travel around during my stay. I love the people there so thought might as well go and visit acquaintance i made during my stay and travel too. I am graduating next month, when do you think should I apply? I can show the letter from my employer that I am working with them, will that work for a strong ties?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am currently in UK that's why I want to apply from here. Might make my case stronger. I have been working here in the UK too, I want to go there for a change, I studied there 7 years ago, made friends and stuff. I was quite young and studious so I couldn't get to travel around during my stay. I love the people there so thought might as well go and visit acquaintance i made during my stay and travel too. I am graduating next month, when do you think should I apply? I can show the letter from my employer that I am working with them, will that work for a strong ties?
If you are graduating next month I would wait until you are in a more stable situation before applying. If you are about to graduate there will be concerns you are trying to stay in Canada. There is unlikely to be open borders in the next couple of months.

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
If you are graduating next month I would wait until you are in a more stable situation before applying. If you are about to graduate there will be concerns you are trying to stay in Canada. There is unlikely to be open borders in the next couple of months.
My work with current employer, been working with them for 10 months does not strengthen my application? Also, the reason I was thinking of applying is not to travel immediately but as visa processing time in UK is about 3 months. What's your suggestion and thanks for taking time for answering me, I am grateful.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My work with current employer, been working with them for 10 months does not strengthen my application? Also, the reason I was thinking of applying is not to travel immediately but as visa processing time in UK is about 3 months. What's your suggestion and thanks for taking time for answering me, I am grateful.
Are you working full-time for this company? What are your plan after you graduate? Will you be able to remain in the UK with a WP?

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
Are you working full-time for this company? What are your plan after you graduate? Will you be able to remain in the UK with a WP?
Yes and I do plan to stay but do not have WP, still working on that with my employer but my current visa does not expire until next year.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes and I do plan to stay but do not have WP, still working on that with my employer but my current visa does not expire until next year.
The fact that you don’t have a longterm visa may be an issue. All you can do is apply and wait and see. I don’t think the borders will open in quite some time for tourists.

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
The fact that you don’t have a longterm visa may be an issue. All you can do is apply and wait and see. I don’t think the borders will open in quite some time for tourists.
yeah, border might not open anytime soon and i am in no hurry either. Just want to apply because it takes long to process. In the expected date of visit, what should I put? Any suggestions?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
yeah, border might not open anytime soon and i am in no hurry either. Just want to apply because it takes long to process. In the expected date of visit, what should I put? Any suggestions?
It is up to you. Would probably say sometime in the New a Year and not right after you graduate. Would also recommend asking for a visit of 2-3 weeks.