+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i apply for visa if i am in process for PR?

kris12

Jul 12, 2016
Hi
my wife has PR and our baby was born in Canada she apply for me to get PR and we are still waiting more than 12 months is any chance to aply for a visitor visa to help her with the baby?Because the proces is taking soo long?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You can apply for a TRV, but chances are high it will be refused, particularly if you have a pr application in process. TRVs are for visitors, and IRCC will suspect (and probably rightly so) that your intention is to stay long term. When did you submit your spousal application?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Reading through your history there are quite a few red flags for CIC and reasons why your spousal sponsorship is taking so long. Your pregnant wife arrived in Canada before she had been approved as a PR and gave birth in Canada. Hopefully you have reimbursed the Ontario government for the medical costs for her and the baby. Once she received PR she seems to have sponsored her husband. Were you not married or common law before she applied for PR and landed? She also seems to have returned to her home country after receiving PR. You are supposed to remain in Canada while sponsoring your spouse so hopefully she only remained out of Canada for a few weeks or applied for sponsorship after her return. There is also questions about whether the government will support her and her new child as well as provide medial care for a visitor. If she received welfare that makes her ineligible to sponsor a spouse. If she left Canada for an extended period of time she also doesn't qualify for child benefit payments so hopefully her vacation was only a few weeks. She also had t be Ontario for 5 out of the first 6 months on OHIP so hopefully she also followed that residency requirement. All these concerns are likely why your application has exceeded 12months.