+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for TRV for my husband while Outland Spousal Application is ongoing

inapickle

Feb 18, 2020
it will not cost you anything to send a letter. why do you always have to ask others for something that u need so badly given your circumstance.
I do know it doesn't cost anything, I just wanted to make sure it won't negatively affect the application.

Isn't that why this forum exists in the first place? So that if people are uncertain of something then they can come here and ask for advise. I wasn't asking people to make the letter for me, I just wanted advise.

inapickle

Feb 18, 2020
I don't want to engage in a prolonged debate over something over which neither of us has any real control. I have never have a TRV application refused if submitted after the spousal sponsorship was approved. Perhaps I personally account for all of those rare approvals, but I don't think so.
You're right. It really boils down to the visa officer. Hopefully we get an understanding and kind officer

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I do know it doesn't cost anything, I just wanted to make sure it won't negatively affect the application.

Isn't that why this forum exists in the first place? So that if people are uncertain of something then they can come here and ask for advise. I wasn't asking people to make the letter for me, I just wanted advise.
Won’t negatively affect your sponsorship application. It is actually rare to be approved. Those who do usually have very strong ties to their home country like well paying longterm job, international travel history, perhaps own property, have leave of absence note from work, etc. All you can do is try. All you’ll lose is the application fee. There are many similar situations described in this forum if you search.

Amacassok

Aug 14, 2019
Hi, Please I have a question that has been troubling me. I and my 3 children are PRs in Canada but my husband is not. Rather he has a TRV which will expire in 2 years time, so he can visit us anytime he wants. We want to start spousal sponsorship for him this year hopefully before the middle of this year we would have submitted the application. My question is, knowing how long it takes for spousal application to be out, can he be able to enroll in school in canada while on TRV and also waiting for the spousal sponsorship approval? Or will applying for the open work permit also cover his eligibility to school in canada during the wait time?

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, Please I have a question that has been troubling me. I and my 3 children are PRs in Canada but my husband is not. Rather he has a TRV which will expire in 2 years time, so he can visit us anytime he wants. We want to start spousal sponsorship for him this year hopefully before the middle of this year we would have submitted the application. My question is, knowing how long it takes for spousal application to be out, can he be able to enroll in school in canada while on TRV and also waiting for the spousal sponsorship approval? Or will applying for the open work permit also cover his eligibility to school in canada during the wait time?

Thank you
If he wants to attend school, he needs to obtain a study permit.

No, the OWP will not cover his eligibility to attend school. He needs to apply for a study permit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
so my 2nd question is can he freely travel in and out of canada on his trv while waiting for the spousal sponsorship approval?
Assuming you are applying inland, he should remain in Canada for most of the time the application is being processing since the inland application route requires the two of you to be cohabitating in Canada to qualify. A few short trips outside of Canada (e.g. a few weeks) are OK. However keep in mind that there's never a guarantee he will be allowed back into Canada. So leaving always carries some risk.

Amacassok

Aug 14, 2019
Assuming you are applying inland, he should remain in Canada for most of the time the application is being processing since the inland application route requires the two of you to be cohabitating in Canada to qualify. A few short trips outside of Canada (e.g. a few weeks) are OK. However keep in mind that there's never a guarantee he will be allowed back into Canada. So leaving always carries some risk.
That risk is what scares me on that issue... anyways... thanks once again for your response

meenaraja

Jul 19, 2018
hello,i recently got married and my husband is PR of canada and before that i spent 7 years in canada finished my study and work permit ,now i am in my own country and waiting for my PR which i applied on the basis of study and work so i need to know that until that time when i get PR ,can i apply for TVR and it can approved easily or not? because i have to wait long for PR (almost two years) so i want to apply for visitor and in my visitor can i mention my husband PR and all that or i generally apply for visitor purpose? which way is better? because these days visitor visa is almost impossible for visitors,Any idea ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello,i recently got married and my husband is PR of canada and before that i spent 7 years in canada finished my study and work permit ,now i am in my own country and waiting for my PR which i applied on the basis of study and work so i need to know that until that time when i get PR ,can i apply for TVR and it can approved easily or not? because i have to wait long for PR (almost two years) so i want to apply for visitor and in my visitor can i mention my husband PR and all that or i generally apply for visitor purpose? which way is better? because these days visitor visa is almost impossible for visitors,Any idea ?
You can apply but it may be difficult to get approved.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thank you
He will also have to pay international fees until he gets PR if he studies with a study permit.