+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for spousal sponsorship before receiving PR Card?

tanvir1982

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Hi, I have landed as a PR on Mid March 2022. I have been asked to resubmit photos for PR card as the photos I submitted do not comply with specifications. I submitted newly taken photos but after 4 months IRCC is saying that they have not received my photos yet!

I am going to resubmit photos, this time using express mail, but my question is, considering the fact that my PR card will be delayed by at least 3 months, can I apply for spousal sponsorship using my COPR?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I have landed as a PR on Mid March 2022. I have been asked to resubmit photos for PR card as the photos I submitted do not comply with specifications. I submitted newly taken photos but after 4 months IRCC is saying that they have not received my photos yet!

I am going to resubmit photos, this time using express mail, but my question is, considering the fact that my PR card will be delayed by at least 3 months, can I apply for spousal sponsorship using my COPR?
When did you married? Did you marry with someone literally after your landing?

tanvir1982

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
When did you married? Did you marry with someone you just met (literally after your landing)?
No, I'm married for 11 years with a 7-year-old son. My family was not accompanying me but mentioned in my express entry application.