+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for SOWP while waiting for my spousal restoration document ? PLS HELP

anusanker12

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Hi,
I have Work permit valid for next 3 years. My spouse had his sowp till March 30, since i didnt recieve my wp before that i applied for restoration for my husband and child. It is in progress. I received my WP in hand . Can I apply for SOWP now? I have A category job ,and two pay stubs in hand now. Pls help me. I was mislead by some agency and i am not in a good mental situation now. My agent told me we need to wait to get their visitor status approval or document.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
I have Work permit valid for next 3 years. My spouse had his sowp till March 30, since i didnt recieve my wp before that i applied for restoration for my husband and child. It is in progress. I received my WP in hand . Can I apply for SOWP now? I have A category job ,and two pay stubs in hand now. Pls help me. I was mislead by some agency and i am not in a good mental situation now. My agent told me we need to wait to get their visitor status approval or document.
You need 3 payslips and to wait for the Restoration app to be processed. Why did you let their status expire?

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
Hi,
Did you apply to change your spouse's status from SOWP to visitor visa before March 30 or you applied for restoration after March 30?

anusanker12

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
I received my work permit on april 9,. our visa expired by March 30, I applied for restoration on March 27. Do i need to wait till they receive their visitor visa document?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I received my work permit on april 9,. our visa expired by March 30, I applied for restoration on March 27. Do i need to wait till they receive their visitor visa document?
It would help if you posted the correct information.

A Restoration app can only be submitted AFTER a person goes out of status. If their permits expired March 30th, what did you actually apply for on March 27th? An extension or Restoration?

anusanker12

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
It would help if you posted the correct information.

A Restoration app can only be submitted AFTER a person goes out of status. If their permits expired March 30th, what did you actually apply for on March 27th? An extension or Restoration?
Thanks for ur reply. The applied document says Visitor.. Agency used the term restoration/ visitor. I thought both are same.