+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I Apply for SOWP(Spouse Open Work Permit), While my husband waiting for a decision of PGWP?

kasunsilva

Jul 20, 2022
Hi, I and my husband are residing in Canada my husband applied for his PGWP(Post Graduate Work Permit) and waiting for a decision. Meanwhile, he found a 'NOC A' category job and was employed as a full-time worker. My current Open Work Permit is getting expired on 31st July 2021 and needs your advice for the below queries.
  1. Can I apply for a new Spouse Open Work Permit as My Husband applied for PGWP and has been employed with a ‘NOC A’ level job opportunity?
  2. Do I need to apply for a visitor visa for extending my stay in Canada?
  3. Or else, is there any other visa category to be applied for to extend my stay in Canada?
I'm kindly expecting your prompt answer to my query. Thanks in advance.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi, I and my husband are residing in Canada my husband applied for his PGWP(Post Graduate Work Permit) and waiting for a decision. Meanwhile, he found a 'NOC A' category job and was employed as a full-time worker. My current Open Work Permit is getting expired on 31st July 2021 and needs your advice for the below queries.
  1. Can I apply for a new Spouse Open Work Permit as My Husband applied for PGWP and has been employed with a ‘NOC A’ level job opportunity?
  2. Do I need to apply for a visitor visa for extending my stay in Canada?
  3. Or else, is there any other visa category to be applied for to extend my stay in Canada?
I'm kindly expecting your prompt answer to my query. Thanks in advance.
  1. Can I apply for a new Spouse Open Work Permit as My Husband applied for PGWP and has been employed with a ‘NOC A’ level job opportunity?You need to extend your SOWP
  2. Do I need to apply for a visitor visa for extending my stay in Canada?Read above
  3. Or else, is there any other visa category to be applied for to extend my stay in Canada? Read answer to 1