+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can I apply for PR under CEC if I just studied 1 year and have 1 year work exp?

MiniMonkey

Jul 3, 2013
Seniors pleas help

I am currentyly working under PGWP since Dec 2013, MY work permit going to be expired in October. It will be 10 months.
I heard others said that I can just submit application to extnd work permit anyway to get little extra time while the application being process. I can work as implied status and hit to 12 months. by that time i can apply for PR.

However I graduted from a college with one year program.

So can i apply for that?

Any response will be highly appreciate very much

thanks

imatwkrp

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-21-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
06-05-2013
Med's Done....
06-13-2013
Passport Req..
10-03-2013 (copies only; visa-exempt)
LANDED..........
11-09-2013
MiniMonkey said:
Seniors pleas help

I am currentyly working under PGWP since Dec 2013, MY work permit going to be expired in October. It will be 10 months.
I heard others said that I can just submit application to extnd work permit anyway to get little extra time while the application being process. I can work as implied status and hit to 12 months. by that time i can apply for PR.

So can i apply for that?
Can you show a year of full-time "skilled work" or equivalent in part time employment? See eligibility here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

sara007

Jan 4, 2013
Your graduation credentials will no longer help you in quick immigration.

If you apply under CEC: You must have Atleast full 1 Year of skilled Experience in Canada(except Quebec) with Legal status.

MiniMonkey said:
Seniors pleas help

So can i apply for that?

Any response will be highly appreciate very much

thanks

girl_ON

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
sara007 said:
Your graduation credentials will no longer help you in quick immigration.

If you apply under CEC: You must have Atleast full 1 Year of skilled Experience in Canada(except Quebec) with Legal status.
what about 10 months work experience with legal status and 2 months work experience with Implied status?
and does she need to have 2 year eduacation or 1 year will be qualify?

JPMH_CEC_2013

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with file
The duration of education in Canada is not a criteria for CEC. What is important is that the applicant must have 12 months full time work experience in Canada legally. For students, the Work experience must be obtained on PGWP.